Food for Fall Crawl 2019 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

afgman786

SILVER Star
Threads
Starting this up, so we can plan the meals for each night.

I'm offering up lamb kabobs for Thursday night

The list:
Thursday: lamb kabobs (me)

Friday: bbq @JohnVee and chili @Stumpalama
-JohnVee:
- 75-100 plates.
- bread & butter pickles for those who like that kind of thing.
- plenty of bbq sauces between myself and Jason.
- means to heat the meat.
- staleale coleslaw

Saturday: burgers/hotdogs
- @Tikicruiser
- @Jakes40 beans
-Buns @lacefro @DominicanFZJ80

Supplies that need to be confirmed:
- plates @Jakes40 @Stumpalama
- utensils @76FJ40
- side dishes for Friday and Saturday
- are we doing group breakfast
- enough alcohol
- toppings for bbq and burgers

Last edited:
I though all you guys needed came from the ABC store, just different labels? brown, clear, and that yellowish color from south of the border!

We need a little solid food from time to time.

Solid food is only to complement the liquids

Will there be a non pork option? @JohnVee lol

I haven't had Hungarian cabbage rolls in 50 years so please count me in for a sample.

that's better than what I thought you were gonna say about the dutch oven....

Just posting back up in here since we're not too far away from fall crawl.
Should I bring the outdoor propane burner with me for breakfast or anything we need to cook in a pan?
It's the large one that puts out solid heat, stands about 3ft tall...

Just posting back up in here since we're not too far away from fall crawl.
Should I bring the outdoor propane burner with me for breakfast or anything we need to cook in a pan?
It's the large one that puts out solid heat, stands about 3ft tall...
Yes...

NC BBQ Friday night. I ain't doing sides. Anticipating having approximately 60 sandwiches worth. I'll adjust as needed.
I tried to reply to this a few days ago but it didn't post. Am on mobile so I'll try to be brief.
  1. JohnVee: BBQ for 60 is very generous. Can we donate to defray the cost?
  2. All: I can't cook for $h!+, but I could swing by Costco to pick up paper plates, napkins, cutlery if that would be a good contribution. LMK.
  3. Or I could bring some sides like coleslaw, potato salad, and/or baked beans.
  4. I assume everyone interested in adult beverages will bring some to contribute (or not, if they are into high-end liquor, wouldn't blame anyone!)
Looking forward to it. Will have to head back Saturday evening unfortunately.

You're replacement options sound like they make up for it haha

@DirtNap

1. No. I wanted to do something to show my thanks to the club for letting me hang over this last year while I was a temporary VA resident again. (see how I worked in a drunk reference there?)
2. I already have plates for Friday night. No utensils. Not sure what @afgman786 might need for Thursday, or if you'll even be there that night.
3. I'm not supplying sides, just meat and sauces, so y'all can hash that out here amongst yourselves. @Stumpalama offered the possibility of chili a few posts back...

EDIT: I will be supplying some sauces. @jfz80 has graciously agreed to whip up a batch of his own to bring with him. BTW, he's also the ONSC King of Pepper Products. Maybe he'll be kind enough to help some of you masochists ruin the toilets...

Last edited:
So what's expected turn out for Thursday? Want to ensure I've got more than enough lamb and chicken.
Also are wet sticking with family dinners (bbq/chili, burgers) want to see what all still needs to be bought along with what I need to buy this weekend to feed myself while there

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom