FJ80 Parking Brake Repair (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am in the process of repairing the parking brake on my 91 LC and in the process of servicing the brakes. Upon inspection the cable end u brackets on both sides have rusted clean through. I was able to find a raybestos cable to replace and a decent price from parts geek but now i am onto the bell cranks. They appear to move fine however the salt water has taken its toll on the u bracket connector pine and they have corroded and essentially welded into the crank. Does anyone know where I can get new cranks and pins to replace other than the stealership. Trying to get this sorted pretty fast so i have an e brake again. I have almost thought of just buying a newer FF disc rearend to put under it even though i have just put new wheel cylinders in the rear.

Thanks

Land Cruiser Parts and Consulting. I feel like all I do is advertise for that crazy Turk. @beno

I am in the process of repairing the parking brake on my 91 LC and in the process of servicing the brakes. Upon inspection the cable end u brackets on both sides have rusted clean through. I was able to find a raybestos cable to replace and a decent price from parts geek but now i am onto the bell cranks. They appear to move fine however the salt water has taken its toll on the u bracket connector pine and they have corroded and essentially welded into the crank. Does anyone know where I can get new cranks and pins to replace other than the stealership. Trying to get this sorted pretty fast so i have an e brake again. I have almost thought of just buying a newer FF disc rearend to put under it even though i have just put new wheel cylinders in the rear.

Thanks

Check with @arcteryx and @slow95z . They MAY have parts for your truck. Only 91 and 92 parts will work, as I understand it.

I have one but you are asking a lot for to pull a parking brake cable. Man that's a pain lol.

I have a spare parking brake cable but it's for a 1997 :frown: so it apparently won't help you. Thought it was my problem last year so I replaced with new. Come to find out it was the pot metal/pin thing you are describing. Stupid road salt!

As you mentioned, your best option is to upgrade to a disc rear, parking cable included. No need to mess with drums on these anymore. Otherwise, your dealer is the best option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom