Parking Brake Light Stays On? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just finished installing a major suspension upgrade and 4" lift (new shocks, springs, upper and lower control arms, adjustable panhards, a rear panhard raise bracket, SLEE extended brake lines, steering box frame reinforcement, and steering stabilizer), and now the parking brake light does not go off.

The cable does not appear to be jammed and is fairly loose when the lever is not pulled.

Any ideas?

Or too low. There's a sensor built into the brake fluid reservoir, with a cable running into the side of it. Disconnect the cable. If the light goes out, that's the sensor that's complaining. The only other thing that runs to that light is the park brake switch, which is literally just an electrical switch the lever itself in the cabin depresses when it's fully down. One of those two switches are closed, when both should be open with the parking brake lever fully down.

Or too low. There's a sensor built into the brake fluid reservoir, with a cable running into the side of it. Disconnect the cable. If the light goes out, that's the sensor that's complaining. The only other thing that runs to that light is the park brake switch, which is literally just an electrical switch the lever itself in the cabin depresses when it's fully down. One of those two switches are closed, when both should be open with the parking brake lever fully down.
Thank you! I'll check it out.

EWD also indicates that on an 1HD-FT, the e-brake light on the dash is also triggered by "Vacuum switch (Brake)". Any idea what and where that is?

1710021575815.png

I always like to look hard at the last things I did for possible causes. I see extended brake lines in there - maybe double check that your reservoir is filled to the right level?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom