Parking Brake Help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Irish Reiver

GOLD Star
SILVER Star
Threads
Evening lads,
I could well be exposing myself as the idiot I often am but I'm at a standstill and need some help.
I have searched partsouq, FSM and mud to no avail.
Does anyone know the P/N for the bracket that attaches the parking brake cable to this point on the fuel tank strap.

I stripped all of this stuff back in February and have zero recollection of what was there.
Please don't let it be the case that the bracket is part of the cable assembly and i have left it stuck above the fuel tank.

20231115_173128.jpg

Unfortunately, it appears that both cable security brackets (tank and rear axle) are integral with the cable assembly. There is always the zip tie solution if you don’t want to bother replacing the entire cable assembly.

Its a new cable assembly. I fitted it since i was replacing the tank. If the bracket is part of the cable assembly then i guess I'm dropping the tank again..☹️

I go by ToyoDiy.com diagrams several years now and that how it looks. I recently removed the parking brake assembly from the 93 I flopped over last spring and from what I remember those retention brackets are part of the cable. Or maybe I’m confused about what it is you are missing.

I assume you bought the cable from Toyota? And it came minus the two retention points?

Thanks @truthdetector . I discounted this when I looked at the diagram because it is shown aft of the other brackets. Glad you made the link and saved me needlessly dropping the tank again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom