Drove a bit with parking brake on (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,

I was picking up a bunch of passengers in the rain last night put the parking brake on to load everything up and then drove off. I went about three city blocks (less than 1/2 mile, maybe 25mph max) before I realized. A couple stop signs and a hill but didn't even notice until I saw the light on the dash (jackets covered the handle or I'd have noticed).

I had rear brakes done (everything) less than 12 months ago. What kind of damage am I looking at? I unfortunately don't have the space to do much on my own...but was thinking to at least head to a parking lot and drive slow listening for anything. I will also but the parking brake on and move to D to see if it works at all. Is there any other simple diagnosis I can do or am I overthinking it? Looking for a new daily but at the moment the 80 is it.

Thank you
jatree

It is fine. The parking brake sucks anyway. The worst you might've done is wear down the pad material.

Ditto: you just wore off the surface rust on the pad contact surface of the drum, might even work better now.

as long as you dont head anything rattling around your good, ive done it more times than i care to admit to in multiple vehicles

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom