FJ62 vs Tornado (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Sadly my 1988 FJ62 was a victim in recent tornado in Nashville. Insignificant compared to the loss of life and homes many experienced, but nevertheless the sad end of a great truck with a lot of great memories. This truck was a stage 1 restoration by TLC (see link ). This car needs to be an organ donor. I’m happy to put any interested parties in touch with my insurance carrier. My loss hopefully others fain

9A4DF7D9-200A-475D-A86B-21B2B5833D2C.jpeg

A942A690-E4BB-43C1-95ED-8A57AD3FFBA1.jpeg

EECD1CF5-5F46-43E0-A29E-B41739985745.jpeg

BDBE9A57-3898-4836-A768-3DF98BD92033.jpeg

E2EB7529-B3BB-4556-8D0C-EAC55496F94D.jpeg

Damn! sorry for your loss. On the plus side those are some great underside photos.

How far did your truck move in the tornado? it definitely looks like someone picked it up, flipped it over, and then spiked it into the tarmac.

Is that where it landed? :eek:

It was inside a hangar. The hangar was totally blown away and my FJ landed as you see it about 20-25 yards from where it was parked.

It was inside a hangar. The hangar was totally blown away and my FJ landed as you see it about 20-25 yards from where it was parked.

Wow, just wow. Unbelievable power.

I'm glad you are still around.

Impressive, sad and a good perspective. Hope insurance is taking care of you. Good luck with the next one.

Damn. That does suck. It does look like a body swap would have it right as rain. I'd love to have the rear stabilizer bar... but I'm tapped out right now anyway and would prefer you figure out how to keep it.

That destruction in the background of your pics is awful to see as well. Glad you're okay. Maybe just turn that thing over, cut off everything above the doors and have a fun wheeling vehicle.

If ever there were a chassis donor you didn't feel bad about pulling the body off of I'd say this is it. Hope someone can get it from the insurance and pass good parts onto other rigs.

I hope you aren't taking it as personal as I would be. It's on par with having to shoot a perfectly good horse with a broken leg.

I say buy it back from the insurance company. Pull the body and use the frame and driveline to build up a Fj45 ute.

Before everyone gets excited about a body swap it is important to remember what has happened:

This truck got picked up off the ground, spun upside down, thrown ~100 feet and slammed down on its roof. :hmm:

I wouldn't trust that frame or drivetrain.

My condolences sir. Glad that you are still here to tell the story. I've been through hurricanes, we at least had good warning.

My condolences sir. Glad that you are still here to tell the story. I've been through hurricanes, we at least had good warning.
Yep Stan we get tons of warning weeks of it. I was born in Illinois Springfield to be exact moved away when i was little but would go back when school was out had a tornado touch down 4 houses down from my cousins house was some down right scary s*** anytime the sky got all crazy I would haul ass on my bicycle and get the f out of dodge. I'll take hurricanes any day of the week over tornadoes. Thankfully your alive to tell us your story and a landcruiser is still just a vehicle and can be replaced.
Tommy

Holy balls. I'm so sorry to see that and it makes headlines a bit more real, to be sure.

I could definitely use some body pieces should you decide to part it out!

What a bad deal. I can't believe the damage from that storm. It was rowdy coming through here too, it was about 9:00 and 75 degrees outside. We were talking about how bad it was about to get.

I wouldn't trust that frame or drivetrain.

I would

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom