Builds fj62 gets a lift (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

thanks. i do love it. it's been fun and i've ended up doing way more to it that i had ever planned when i bought it. hopefully it'll last a very long time now though. it'll be a great overland adventure vehicle which is why i have it.

ha ha. that's who i got it from. i've read some decent reviews and they are inexpensive compared to some. i wanted air to water because i won't have to cut my rad support to crap to fit big air pipes in the air to air systems. yes they are s little more complicated but willl he better for what i want and also supposedly have less turbo lag as there's less air volume between the turbo and engine. who knows if it's a noticeable difference

Which rear wiper arm is that?

OEM landcruiser one for my 62.

i got by boot gauge adjusted for altitude i was under by 2.6 lb before which was a little annoying. the program that comes with the zeitronix controller is quite easy to work with once you can connect it to a lap top but it worked perfectly. now I'm waiting for all the intercooler parts to come in. if the tuning shop wants AFR and lambda then ill have them weld in the O2 sensor bung and it'll all connect right up to the controller. also if i can't get my tach to work (one more item sitting unfinished since the motor swap) then i'll hook it up the the controller and use it as my tach. this little gauge is pretty cool what it can do. i still have to find a nice clean place to mount it though.

those aren't j hook type. the are the stab type with a single hole for the wiper to snap into. they are rain-x blades from walmart with their respective adapter. i change blades once year so don't spend a ton of money on them. i find with our winters and ice that even the expensive ones get chewed up fast

this is why i don't like letting shops work on my truck. it seems like there's always something i have to fix after. something like changing oil and diff fluids should be a simple job. i guess not. instead of using the fill plug they decided the top bolt on my diff cover should work fine. well it was way over filled and has been puking out excess oil out the breather. what a mess
IMG_3562.JPG

this is why i don't like letting shops work on my truck. it seems like there's always something i have to fix after. something like changing oil and diff fluids should be a simple job. i guess not. instead of using the fill plug they decided the top bolt on my diff cover should work fine. well it was way over filled and has been puking out excess oil out the breather. what a mess
View attachment 1448944

:slap:

i know. normally they actually do a good job. it was just a time save decision i made but now i'm wasting time cleaning up. oh well.

i'm collecting intercooler parts that should all be in mid next week. that's exciting. i can't wait to get tuning and get a little more towing power.

it was just a time save decision i made ...

Every time I make that decision with my wife's car I get screwed over somehow. Last time I brought it (mk4 jetta) in for an oil change they broke the shifter and the outlet of the radiator somehow. Cost me a few extra days.

Should have changed the oil myself.

IMG_3587.JPG

finished my first attempt at log furniture for my little girls birthday tomorrow. pretty happy with it. now i get my garage back tomorrow and my family is gone all next week. i should have every evening and an empty garage to get down to the intercooler install!! pretty excited about both the bed and landcruiser time.

started the install. it's a pretty big job turns out! i had to notch my grill support but it's still plenty strong. i had to make a bracket that holds the radiator. i'm using 4 rubber bushings off my old sway bar links. they worked perfectly. i initially wanted to mount it up high to avoid the notching but the return line from the air conditioning rad gets in the way so i have to go under it. the whole front has to come off to get access down here.
IMG_3607.JPG
IMG_3605.JPG
IMG_3606.JPG

now painting the parts and then ill install!

next is a bracket for arb compressor, webasto, catch can and a place to put the intercooler pump. that'll be tomorrow's job!

well this stinking bracket took about 5 hours to make. it looks a little crazy but it'll hold all 4 accessories as mentioned above. it's also my first attempt to weld aluminum so there was lots of grinding, trying again, more grinding etc etc etc..

i'm going to try to get it cleaned up and painted tonight yet. tomorrow will be install of all the parts including the intercooler rad
IMG_3621.JPG
IMG_3622.JPG

ill show the nicer welds as i was learning. i think i got lucky!!

i guess it's fitting that my first attempt at welding steel was the bracket for the arb pump. now my first aluminum welding is expanding on that. i've sure learned a lot of skills because if this truck!!

IMG_3626.JPG

rad is mounted now and just waiting for the hood latch to dry from paint. the. i can put the grill support on and then the rest of the front. also waiting for paint to dry on my bracket then ill mount the arb, webasto etc! currently fighting with waste gate hoses trying to put a boost controller in. of course the fittings are all different sizes so let the fight begin!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom