FJ60 Rear wiper arm upgrade (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Anybody just swap out the wiper refill on the rear OEM rear wiper? My OEM setup works exactly as it should, the rubber wiper is just dry rotted. Reading that the NAPA 13 inch refill works, but haven’t had a chance to go to NAPA yet. I just think it’s not a wise idea to swap the whole arm when everything works.

Also curious about the motor.
Mine will not move when the switch is in the on position. It will sometimes budge a few inches if I hold down the wash end of the switch but I never get a full range motion. Any ideas?

Main problem that most of us see is that the tension spring that holds the wiper against the glass, thus causing a "clean sweep" ends up getting so warn that it does not create sufficient tension. When this happens we get skips, streaks, etc.
I think the rear arm is still available and I have had good luck with just replacing the blade with standard U-hook style you can get at any LAPS. However, my arm is starting to get a bit long in the tooth and not wanting to clean as well anymore.

Anybody just swap out the wiper refill on the rear OEM rear wiper? My OEM setup works exactly as it should, the rubber wiper is just dry rotted. Reading that the NAPA 13 inch refill works, but haven’t had a chance to go to NAPA yet. I just think it’s not a wise idea to swap the whole arm when everything works.
I used an OEM rear wiper arm with new insert on my '86 FJ60, I had about three to choose from - I picked the best and went with it. Maybe I'll upgrade to the FJ80 arm someday.

I used an OEM rear wiper arm with new insert on my '86 FJ60, I had about three to choose from - I picked the best and went with it. Maybe I'll upgrade to the FJ80 arm someday.

What refill did you use? I went to NAPA today to buy a 13inch refill and NAPA guy said they aren’t being made anymore. I may have found an OEM refill, but won’t know until they arrive.

What refill did you use? I went to NAPA today to buy a 13inch refill and NAPA guy said they aren’t being made anymore. I may have found an OEM refill, but won’t know until they arrive.
I don't have the packaging any longer, it was in a cabinet in my garage since the early 2000's. OEM refill.

Anyone know where to find a replacement spring for the rear wiper on an ‘87 FJ60?

Being that most stores are closed near me, I thought ordering would be the way to go.

The spring was never available separately, it's only part of the arm. Part Number 85190-90A06 is still available new, retail $71.26. Plenty of good used ones around, I may even have one.

so just a standard 13" wiper blade for the new 80 arm upgrade?

I see part# ending 60011 and 60012 in this thread- any differences in the fit on a 60?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom