Headlight upgrade FJ60? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Beehanger

SILVER Star
Threads
My rig has these headlights installed but they're very very dim... high beam setting is even lower than a normal amount light.

I would roll with the OEM ones but they don't have the same shape and I'm well....... picky on aesthetic appeal. (even if it means putting myself in peril of inadequate nighttime illumination apparently)

HEADLIGHTS
https://www.amazon.com/Wagner-Light...mxEALw_wcB&qty=2&sbo=RZvfv//HxDF+O5021pAnSA==

I THINK I Found some replacement headlamps. but am wondering if these would work and what other people have used. I prefer Halogen and not the blinding LED lamps, and want something that has the "orb" shape rather than being flat like the OEM ones.

BULBS Perhaps upgrading the bulbs on these to the following would help? Other threads recommend these, but my light has condensation on the inside making me think they're toast.
https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=574139&jsn=261

I don't know enough about this topic and need someone to push into the endzone for me on the technical aspects and fitment of my thinking..... Marshawn Lynch style......

Cheers with postgame beers,

Dan

Scroll towards the last few pages. Toyota offers the best option for the money.

@Beehanger Get the Koito headlight kit from Toyota. Best bang for the buck and they look period-correct (I don't like the aesthetics of LEDs or the glass housings for LEDs). Many places sell them, including dealerships. I sell them too: click here. Take your pick of where to get them. Best part about them is that the bulbs are replaceable. It's not like the old-style "sealed beams" where you have to throw the whole glass away because the bulb itself is sealed inside.

They come with pretty good Sylvania halogen bulbs. I like Osram Nightbreaker Laser bulbs for a little more brightness, despite the fact that they claim to be the same power (wattage) as every other legal bulb on the market.

If you dont go with the Koito ones and want to shell out the dough, the Holley Retrobrite LED headlights have been absolutely amazing. Youll need to run a relay on them to get them to work right, i think @CruiserTrash sells a harness. They are absolutely freaking amazing and look period correct. Ive had trucklites in the past and these are miles better and look like normal old school headlights. Ive had mine on my truck for a few years now with no issues

If you dont go with the Koito ones and want to shell out the dough, the Holley Retrobrite LED headlights have been absolutely amazing. Youll need to run a relay on them to get them to work right, i think @CruiserTrash sells a harness. They are absolutely freaking amazing and look period correct. Ive had trucklites in the past and these are miles better and look like normal old school headlights. Ive had mine on my truck for a few years now with no issues
Where did this rumor start that I’m making harnesses??? It’s popped up a couple times in the past week 🤣

Well, if you made one I WOULD use it.

Please make a really awesome 62 harness.
if you can give me $5000 and one full year, we can talk about it

@Beehanger Get the Koito headlight kit from Toyota. Best bang for the buck and they look period-correct (I don't like the aesthetics of LEDs or the glass housings for LEDs). Many places sell them, including dealerships. I sell them too: click here. Take your pick of where to get them. Best part about them is that the bulbs are replaceable. It's not like the old-style "sealed beams" where you have to throw the whole glass away because the bulb itself is sealed inside.

They come with pretty good Sylvania halogen bulbs. I like Osram Nightbreaker Laser bulbs for a little more brightness, despite the fact that they claim to be the same power (wattage) as every other legal bulb on the market.
I 2nd this. Picked on up the other month and it was night and day (literally) from the original headlights and they are at a very good price point.

I'm running your harness and I love it.

please dont hurt me.
The harness DOES EXIST. Don’t even own a 62 but ordered one for some late winter nights… here’s the photo

IMG_2983.jpeg

The harness DOES EXIST. Don’t even own a 62 but ordered one for some late winter nights… here’s the photo

View attachment 3540661
You got me. I secretly make Land Cruiser themed bondage harnesses in all the spare time I have. Secret's out now I guess. :rolleyes:

I should have more of the Koito headlight kit in stock in about an hour FYI.

Any thoughts which is better? The OEM Koito H4s vs the Cityracer LEDs?

Hands down the H4s. I had the CR LEDs and, while bright, just aren't right for the truck. I upgraded my H4s to 85 watt bulbs and they're decently bright. Not LED bright, but period correct bright. Just ordered a second set because they were $21. I spent more than $21 on brake line clamps an hour ago.

Any thoughts which is better? The OEM Koito H4s vs the Cityracer LEDs?

This is a preference more than anything. I had the Koito's in my truck and then switched to the CR LED's. The Koito's look period correct but the light output is dwarfed by the City Racer lights which have a nice pattern. Very happy with the switch to the LEDs, granted I was more concerned with having useable light output at night than having it look period correct as I do drive the truck at night. Having LEDs is also a huge help on the trail at night.

This will come down to looks vs. light output.

HALOGEN
Koito & PIAA
914B5BA7-BAB0-40FD-AE0B-46091AA5E333.jpeg

The lady, being X-rayed by the sheer wattage
BC142618-698E-4EDD-B273-BA72E1DA7A9C.jpeg

No, I do not want to discuss current draw.

(It’s probably about 35A for all of those)

If you have the money and want real lights. I would go with Dapper Lighting HID's. I have them, nothing else really compares that looks proper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom