Rear Wiper Relay Info (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

86aggie

SILVER Star
Threads
I've got two capacitors and one diode burned out on the board of my 62 rear wiper relay. They are burned to the point that I can't be sure of the color rings, to identify the respective specs of each. Does anyone have a clear pic of the board, or can direct me to a source with the approriate detail on the components?

Thanks

That didn't work. If you are working in the area where the rear washer fluid bag is and your intermittent wipers are working, I'd appreciate it if you could take a picture of the circuit board components.The relay is mounted in the bottom right corner of that bay. It's a box slightly smaller than a pack of cigarettes, usually blue or green. The cover comes off very easily, and the board slides out.

You'll save me close to $300, as that is what Rock Auto is charging for the Standard Parts replacement. As a reference, O'Reilly's wanted $700+...

Post a pic of your bag, maybe someone can ID the component in question.

The three components that are burned are visible

IMG_4155.JPG

IMG_4154.JPG

IMG_4156.JPG

The three components that are burned are visible

View attachment 3507641

That looks almost identical to the 80-series rear wiper relay (85940-60020), and someone on that forum had nearly the same failure points as you:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom