FJ60 Rear wiper arm upgrade (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

upperblack

SILVER Star
Threads
I've searched but cannot find definitive information on a rear wiper arm upgrade for an FJ60
I'm about to order the parts to do the front 4 Runner arm upgrade and would like to do the rear at the same time (if there is an upgrade)
I read a couple of threads that reference using and FJ80 arm as the upgrade. Is that the correct upgrade or is there another option?
Part number I found for the FJ80 rear arm is 85241-60011.
Can anyone confirm the FJ80 rear arm is the way to go?
Thanks
Mike

Yeah there are a few guys that have done the 80 arm upgrade. I am waiting for one to show up in my local PnP yard so I can grab the arm. At this time no one else has come up with any other options.

The 4 Rubber rear arm parks on the opposite side of the rear hatch. 80 is the only option I’m aware of.

A walk through a wrecking yard might reveal other options though. For example first generation Mazda MPV vans have a rear wiper with the correct layout - no idea on the shaft size though.

80 series rear wiper arm works. I'm running this on two FJ60s. The Lexus equivalent also works if you wanna go fancy :D. A 13" wiper blade will fit but at apex will hit the hatch a bit and slightly lift off the glass. A 12" should avoid this minor issue.

Following- I’ve been wondering the same thing.

A little off topic but does anyone know of any upgrade to the rear wiper motor? Mine is toast (hangs like a limp noodle). Watching this thread to do the arm, might as well do the motor as well.
What hangs? The arm? Could be the spring I believe, is shot. Does it make noise when you push the knob? Mine makes the noise but doesn’t move. I need to pull the motor apart and clean it up and try it again since I got a new used arm from another member a bit ago. But prior to that the arm would flip over and hang outward.

What hangs? The arm? Could be the spring I believe, is shot. Does it make noise when you push the knob? Mine makes the noise but doesn’t move. I need to pull the motor apart and clean it up and try it again since I got a new used arm from another member a bit ago. But prior to that the arm would flip over and hang outward.

The motor does work, but the arm falls down below the window. Maybe I could get away with a new arm and wiper if the spring is blown

The motor does work, but the arm falls down below the window. Maybe I could get away with a new arm and wiper if the spring is blown
You could try an Ace Hardware for a new spring. I thought about pulling my old one apart to do that until @Jaric00n offered a decent one to me.

Following back up on this thread.
Ordered the 80 series arm and as others have indicated it works well. Simple mod.

Pics:

IMG_0207.JPG
IMG_0209.JPG
IMG_0210.JPG
IMG_0213.JPG

Anyone have the part number handy for the nut that holds the stock 60 rear wiper arm on?

I went to replace mine with a new OEM arm and the nut the PO used is obviously not stock. Wrong size and threads.

Anyone have the part number handy for the nut that holds the stock 60 rear wiper arm on?

I went to replace mine with a new OEM arm and the nut the PO used is obviously not stock. Wrong size and threads.
90179-06158 came up in the searches i did recently for the wiper nut.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom