FJ60 interior - cosmetic and lighting upgrade / fixes (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've been replacing bulbs with LEDs, (turn signal relay updated) thanks to help from posts here and a nice chart,
replaced a burnt out old dome light lens cover with a new one
adding worn away indicator decals back to the headlight stalk (care of Welcome to Design - https://mofaraz.com/)

7.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

9.jpg

@Mike83FJ60 Sometimes all those little things on the inside feel so nice to get done. It makes it feel less like the car is withering away around you as you drive 🤣

Holley LED Retrobright.
What has been your experience with these?

Does the high beam indicator turn on when activated?

Did you have to get the switched ground harness?

Screenshot_20231216_132112_Chrome.jpg

What has been your experience with these?

Does the high beam indicator turn on when activated?

Did you have to get the switched ground harness?

View attachment 3508559
I have been overall very happy with the lights. They maintain a classic look and have great light output. I did have to use the relay / wiring harness and I have lost the blue high beam indicator.

LED headlight relay harness.jpg

if you think it will, I'll def give it a try. Just ordered.
Like my web shop says, the HBIM is only guaranteed to work with the Koitos so any application outside of that is customer’s risk. It has worked for a bunch of other weird applications though - like Holley wiring harnesses in Mk1 and Mk2 MR2s of all things.

It will not. Replace the blue indicator bulb with LED for the fix. It worked on my 1986.
LED or halogen Holley kit? Holley harness? I’ve heard the old trick about using the LED bulb for the indicator light, but I’ve tried it in five 60s and never gotten it to work. I suspect there was an undocumented wiring change in the last 12-18 months of the US 60 causing the LED bulb to work in some 86 & 87 trucks.

LED or halogen Holley kit? Holley harness? I’ve heard the old trick about using the LED bulb for the indicator light, but I’ve tried it in five 60s and never gotten it to work. I suspect there was an undocumented wiring change in the last 12-18 months of the US 60 causing the LED bulb to work in some 86 & 87 trucks.
Odd. Mine is an April 1986. I have the LED HOLLEY with harness.

if you think it will, I'll def give it a try. Just ordered.
IT WORKS. I have just installed your high beam indicator module in the empty (driver side) Headlight plug. It has corrected the problem. I now have a functioning blue high beam indicator on the dash with the Holley Retro bright headlights and the Holley LED harness. (also replaced all exterior bulbs with LED)

IT WORKS. I have just installed your high beam indicator module in the empty (driver side) Headlight plug. It has corrected the problem. I now have a functioning blue high beam indicator on the dash with the Holley Retro bright headlights and the Holley LED harness. (also replaced all exterior bulbs with LED)
This is really good to know. Do you happen to know the exact model or part number for your kit? Any chance you could PM me a photo of the box or something? I want to put this info on my web shop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom