Wanted FJ55 Right Hand inside door handle (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

got big help sourcing mine from shapeways through mud friends there is a thread started by
Lil'John for a solution on MUD
Broken interior door handle bracket, any solutions? Or get metal version machined?

new better ones than the original "all break" plastic ones again BIG :bounce::beer:thanks to Lil' John, DoubleNickels and fj55-100:beer: have't been able to solve the broken handle spring issue though :mad:

Link: Broken interior door handle bracket, any solutions? Or get metal version machined?

Do you still need a spring?
Still needing a spring :( ; tried the springbars off an A.R. BUT could not get the curves "tight enough" even with a special dental wire bender i got :bang:

Last edited:
N2666s,

Have you been using the metal ones and if so, how are they holding up, working, etc.

Also, exactly how do you pronounce your MUD name? For short can we just N2 or ? :)
RE: using the HP Nylon nylon ones and are awesome:bounce: finding substitutes for the rusted door latch springs though has been the bitch 🤬
MUD name 🤔november triple six sierra ;) call sign aircraft I used to fly ✈civilian 337 military O2 " Oscar Deuce ", call sign sometimes shortened to triple six sierra :)

Last edited:
Still needing a spring :( ; tried the springbars off an A.R. BUT could not get the curves "tight enough" even with a special dental wire bender i got :bang:
Send me a PM with your address and I'll get it in the mail.
Please post some pictures of your 55 when you get a chance, we love pictures.

@scrapdaddy , I appreciate you mailing them. If it's truly a bother to make it into town just let me know and we'll take Jim up on his offer.

I'm thinking I'll make a new thread on here to better track the door handle spring and tailgate spring work. Springs are an easy thing to re-create, even if you have to get them made from a legitimate vendor there's little to no setup fee (i.e. no special tooling required like, say, injection molded parts). I'm still thinking the tailgate springs are easy and I can hand fabricate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom