x (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I don't know of any other solution, what about the guys that 3D print, is it something they could do? Someday all of us are going to need replacements. That plastic is pretty brittle. Alum. ones would be cool to have.

I broke one while taking it apart to plate the spring and replacing the little plastic clip.

IMG_2099.JPG

Here's the one I was looking for...
IMG_2717.JPG

you guys should PM Bill Hicks here on mud hicks 3d printing or somesuch...I'll bet these coulds be scanned and printed for less than milling from Al...Tatat also has been doing some 3D printing; maybe he could have his arm twisted....I would so offer if I had access....one day...I am slowly working on the boss...right now, all of our stuff is custom molded by third parties....

fair enough...cnc shouldn't take too much... the drawering is gunna cost more than machine work and material for the first 100 pieces...if you can find someone to do the Solidworks, you'd be money ahead...alas, I only googlesketch

I have solid works but I have no clue how to use it. I could use some door handles too.

I don't know about small scale scanning. We use survey grade HDS to map corridors and utilities. I scanned my pig but when I did the emblems the detail didn't come out right. I know there is a scanner that has like a potters wheel and it rotates the object as it scans. It would have to output to a standard program. We have solidworks, revit, 3dreshaper, but I'm just a dumb surveyor and only use Autocad and Cyclone.

1444883107941.jpg

I don't have front handles but I have back ones. Are they the same parts?

you shouldn't need to get too critical with the actual sizing. just as long as the new piece does what the old piece did and doesn't get in the way of the shape of the mounting pad...I'd be surprizes if there wasn't a scanner that could translate to the solidworks...Hey MD, any chance of getting a copy of that SW program?

If you need one to take measurements from, instead of using one from your wagon, I have a spare to send.

Those handles were very common on toyota. Corolla and others at that time. Perhaps you could find one to a wrecker. For info, I made one single plastic emblem, very much money for plastic material and not solid at all for a stress area. Enough for an emblem but nothing else.

good tech; keep it up...

Here's a question... Are all the years the same. My 71's front and back and left and right are all the same, but I don't know about the newer ones. They changed other things in the doors, through the years, like the window cranks.

120 is the new 10, for the trouble you're having, it'd be worth it...now what we really ought to talk about is buying a group CNC machine...

Anyone have one they can send me. I can try to model it up and print it. I just bought a small 3D printer and can print this in ABS for strength.

David,

I have a spare, I'll need to disassemble it first as it still has the rods and handle attached. If Lil' John needs a model, we can send it to him, also.

PM your addy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom