FJ45 Seat Belts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everyone,
I have a 45 with original seats/seat frames and I don't see anything to mount some seat belts to. Did they not have them back then? What have some of you done with this?
thanx
Craig

In the US there were four eyebolts on the raised section behind the seat. This is on the 45s with a removable top. Last year for import to the US for the FJ45 was 1967. I'm sure that changed in later years. I know Canadian market got a special bracket for three point seat belts in the 45 pickup.

I had to do a lot of sill repair on my SWB fixed top so while I was in there I added eye bolts and backing washers to clip the belts in to,
Taking a break from calculating the terminal velocity of flying pigs, so got back to the the rear sill repair on the dead duck. Continue to be amazed at the amount of buried rust on this thing. Unfortunately I can’t replace everything and thus completely get rid of all the flakiness, including myself. One advantage of opening this all up is I’m able to put in some seat belt tie-downs that are removeable. Not sure why they need to removeable but they are. When I get the replacement sill pieces welded in I’ll add a couple more tack welds through them into the tie-down support o-rings. Should keep the archeologists scratching their heads in a 1000 years.
View attachment 2047371

In the US there were four eyebolts on the raised section behind the seat. This is on the 45s with a removable top. Last year for import to the US for the FJ45 was 1967. I'm sure that changed in later years. I know Canadian market got a special bracket for three point seat belts in the 45 pickup.
Yes, my 45 is a removable top. I do see two raised eyebolts, but not four. Since there were only two I thought maybe those had something to do with the jack equipment?

Yes, my 45 is a removable top. I do see two raised eyebolts, but not four. Since there were only two I thought maybe those had something to do with the jack equipment?

Jack fit under the driver's seat. Had a clamp system held to the floor by three bolt. Tool kit was held in place by a strap using two footman loops. Had a raised brackets on either end where the tool kit sat to keep it from sliding backwards or forward. From the factory would have been four eyebolts to hold two seat belts.

Jack fit under the driver's seat. Had a clamp system held to the floor by three bolt. Tool kit was held in place by a strap using two footman loops. Had a raised brackets on either end where the tool kit sat to keep it from sliding backwards or forward. From the factory would have been four eyebolts to hold two seat belts.
I think I'm just plain blind at times, but there are 4 raised eyebolts. Got some seatbelts on order. Thanx everyone.

That’s what I got, I think in flame🔥 Red

I’ll have to get to the shop and see, I can’t remember lol. But your numbers sound familiar. I’ll let you know.

So I got two sets of 1036027, which are chrome clips, 60” in length (40 adjustable) and color 27 (ruby red). I think I measured the original ones in my ‘65 FJ40 and that’s what they were, or close, in length. Same seat setup basically. The passenger seat is weird in that you’d never buckle two people together but the anchor points are spread out like you might. I see I bought mine in May of 2019, still not in place with seats, so we’ll see 😂, YMMV. Or maybe it’s YAMV 😝.

Note, while ok for my non-concours resto, the sewing on these is not super high quality. Sufficient for strength hopefully, just not in the class of original. HTH. Paul

So I got two sets of 1036027, which are chrome clips, 60” in length (40 adjustable) and color 27 (ruby red). I think I measured the original ones in my ‘65 FJ40 and that’s what they were, or close, in length. Same seat setup basically. The passenger seat is weird in that you’d never buckle two people together but the anchor points are spread out like you might. I see I bought mine in May of 2019, still not in place with seats, so we’ll see 😂, YMMV. Or maybe it’s YAMV 😝.

Note, while ok for my non-concours resto, the sewing on these is not super high quality. Sufficient for strength hopefully, just not in the class of original. HTH. Paul
Thanks Paul. The original ones that I have are in pretty rough shape and I really couldn't tell you if they're from this 45 or some other cruiser project of mine. Once I get them I'll post up some pictures and a review of them.

I have some original lap belts that I am willing to part with

DSC03656.jpg
DSC03655.jpg

Were these off you 72? Up to the 68 model the belts attached with a clip using an eyebolt on the tub. 1970 model switched from red cloth to black. All the female ends were black with the whole top being a lever to release. Yours would most likely be a one or two year only which someone restoring one would be nice of they could score these. Closest year I have is a 2/73 with retracting belt on one side. Or a 10/69 70 with the above mentioned seat belts still there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom