Rear (jump seat) seat belts on a FJ43 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi, does anyone have any info on where should the seat belts for the rear jump seats should be bolted to?
FJ43 (as far as I know), did not come with roll bars, so trying to figure that part out. If anyone has an FJ43 with seat belts, could you attach some pictures?
@Kayaker had installed 2 seat belts per bench, which is really cool Long rear jump seat, seat belts?? - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/long-rear-jump-seat-seat-belts.601874/post-7716818 - if you have more pictures on where you bolted those...much appreciated!

Actually, for those with FJ40, and you have some of the same, I would appreciate seeing those too - just a couple...

Thanks much!

PS: as you can tell, I am very much a newbie, so please bear with me...

I have a 43 and had pondered seat belts. One of the only ways is just like in the photo on @Kayaker ’s thread. Source seatbelts from anywhere and then drill through the wheel well to secure.
Do you have a roll bar to protect the rear passengers that may be strapped in?

would you mind posting a photo of your 43 and where did you get it and how long have you had it!

I have a 43 and had pondered seat belts. One of the only ways is just like in the photo on @Kayaker ’s thread. Source seatbelts from anywhere and then drill through the wheel well to secure.
Do you have a roll bar to protect the rear passengers that may be strapped in?

would you mind posting a photo of your 43 and where did you get it and how long have you had it!
Thanks for the info @devo
I ended up installing it as the picture, check it out.
FJ43_seatbelts.jpeg

No roll bars on the FJ43, but have been thinking about it.

The FJ43 came from Colombia and it is just recently acquired!
Here's a picture, I can post more if interested

FJ43_side.jpeg

Very nice @totem,the seat belts look like that will do the job. Where did you source the belts.? In the end you should consider a roll bar as a safety item.
Your 43 looks nice a clean, what year is it? We always love more photos!

Very nice @totem,the seat belts look like that will do the job. Where did you source the belts.? In the end you should consider a roll bar as a safety item.
Your 43 looks nice a clean, what year is it? We always love more photos!
Thanks much!
Here are the belts: Grey Seat Belts - 2 Point Non-Retractable Rear - FJ40, BJ 1979-1984 - https://cruisercorps.com/products/seat-belts-2-point-non-retractable-rear-grey

I've been thinking about a roll bar, but I also worry that it will mess with the bars that keep the soft top up. AFAIK, the FJ43s didn't come with roll bars, do you have one and if so, where did you get it and do you recommend it?

The FJ43 is a 1980

Sure, will post more pictures soon

PS1: I am starting to look at a new (LED) set of head lights. I know it takes away from the 'stock' look, but I think it is also important to have the street as lit as possible. Been thinking about (2pcs/set) 7 Inch 90W DOT Approved LED Headlights with Halo Ring DRL & High Low Beam for Jeep Wrangler JK TJ LJ CJ - https://auxbeam.com/products/qp008891 but that's for another thread discussion...
PS2: I am in the process of getting an 1985 FJ40 ready to sell

@totem, thanks for the seat belt info.

I think a roll bar is essential. I had one made for my 1981. I run the hard top but in the event of a roll over it would simply crush, about the same as a soft top. There is a guy in Grand Junction Co. that does a great job with fitting roll bars. Also as far as safety, the front seat belts now attach to the roll bar and not the hard top. I don’t use my jump seats. I keep them out so I have the extra loading space. When I use them I use some extension spacers that push the seats out, away from the roll bar.
As for as lights go, I used the plug and play Koito head lights @ToyotaMatt sells.

The 43 came with a OEM roll bar in Europe!

And some photos of my roll bar…..

IMG_0086.jpeg

IMG_3469.jpeg

IMG_3470.jpeg

IMG_3471.jpeg

IMG_3472.jpeg

Your rig looks great! Hard top with built-in speakers + AC, how nice!

I like the looks of those Koito lights. My current ones don't have a brand to it, and they are completely misaligned, I need to spend time to fix that for the time being...

There is a guy in Grand Junction Co. that does a great job with fitting roll bars.

Do you have his info?

Curious, what did you use for the floor-mats in the back? With the seat belts, I need to be careful because if I don't properly place them, they move around in the back as I drive and scratches the area, so I am thinking of getting something that would protect the area that is on top of the wheel well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom