FJ40 HFS 4" lift (New to lifting above 2.5) Need some advice! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Do you gentlemen recommend switching to 4.56 gears to run 35x12.5x16? Or will the stock 4.11’s do the job?

Do you gentlemen recommend switching to 4.56 gears to run 35x12.5x16? Or will the stock 4.11’s do the job?
A lot of people run 35s with the only issue of rubbing I think

Only when turning sharply though correct?
Also when off roading in the rear fenders, some people have to cut their rear fenders, some don’t. This is just stuff I researched, I haven’t actually driven on 35s. I’m going to put 4 inches with 33s. Look at project pikachu. He runs a HFS 4 inch lift with 33 inch BFG AT tires. Looks fantastic

Are you still on factory rear wheel wells and engine?

35's will not clear the rear wheel wells if they are not trimmed, and a stock engine will need to be regeared.

35's will not clear the rear wheel wells if they are not trimmed, and a stock engine will need to be regeared.
Yes stock wheel wells. But not doing much off road drives. And yes stock 2f engine

Also when off roading in the rear fenders, some people have to cut their rear fenders, some don’t. This is just stuff I researched, I haven’t actually driven on 35s. I’m going to put 4 inches with 33s. Look at project pikachu. He runs a HFS 4 inch lift with 33 inch BFG AT tires. Looks fantastic
Having a hard time locating user Project Pikachu though ih8mud

Yes stock wheel wells. But not doing much off road drives. And yes stock 2f engine
Stay with 33"s. You will be perfectly happy with them.

Basically: 33s are easier but 35s aren’t too horrible to install either, just needs a little work

I tried searching 33x12.5 as well as 35x12.5. And the 35’s just look so much beefier lol
I tried searching 33x12.5 as well as 35x12.5. And the 35’s just look so much beefier lol

So there’s no way 35’s will work without modifying the wheel wheel?
Not comfortably. Constant rubbing. It’s a lot easier and cheaper to get 33s

I ran a stock 2F with 4.11 on 35s for years with no problems. Was fine off road and moved along straight and even at 67mph on the freeway.
Your results may vary.

I ran a stock 2F with 4.11 on 35s for years with no problems. Was fine off road and moved along straight and even at 67mph on the freeway.
Your results may vary.

I'm sure it would work better closer to sea level than where I'm at. the 2F becomes anemic at my elevation. I completely agree that YRMV.

Your results may vary.
Your results may vary.
Did you have to trim your wheel well to fit 35’s?

I'm sure it would work better closer to sea level than where I'm at. the 2F becomes anemic at my elevation. I completely agree that YRMV.
Living in Wyoming is not much better for a 2F. Head winds on I-80 it struggled to do the speed limit until a truck passed. At sea leave it was not much better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom