Builds Project Pikachu: 1977 FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yeah, I need to make it over to CM one of these days for sure.

I’ll link up soon for that exhaust and tail lights. By the way, remind me to tell you about a buddy who grew up on your street next time I see you guys.

Let me know. I'm leaving for Proffitt's early May, but my dad should be around.

Gates of Lodore?

Gates of Lodore?
It looks very similar, but this is up past Swasey’s Beach on the Utah side.

I find myself reluctant to even post pictures of Utah anymore. I am in total shock as to how many people have discovered this part of the state since I was last here. I don’t understand what has happened. There are crowds of people in places where we never saw a soul 5 years ago.

Instagram, Hipsters, side by sides, the California exodus, Hipsters, and Covid, I guess.

Back on Pikachu. This morning I rolled the sides up for summer mode. Hitting a patio for lunch and putting some miles on her this weekend.
9A73FAD2-A028-4BDA-8E1D-CA462C9D14B6.jpeg

I've been tooling around with some different carburetor jet combinations as well. Although my spark plugs look great, I'm looking to maximize power here at 9,100' in elevation. I started off stock of course, which is a 1.44 primary jet. Then I jumped to a 1.14 jet, which was too lean. My next high-altitude size is a 1.38 primary jet and I'm going to run this for a while and see if there's any noticeable increase in power or MPGs. Runs great, but I can't tell a whole lot of difference from stock just yet. The sweet spot would be great to have the 90999-41124 1.24 primary jet, but it's no longer made.

Ideally, I'd re-jet the secondary and power valve as well, but it's nearly impossible to find much data on this, much less the NLA high altitude jets themselves.
IMG_7088.jpg

Awesome, I put those same ‘84 bulbs in my ‘63. Movin’ on up...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom