FJ40 Aftermarket Hardtop (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Is it possible to fit an aftermarket hard top to what was originally a soft top?
YES
reemplazovp.png

It is not hinged, the whole top is coming off and tipped back at an angle, they look funny from side profile, fiberglass...you can see more examples in the Banderiette thread.

I've seen a couple FJ43's that my buddy AJ ( @aljollano ) brings in with those on. The fiberglass tops are pretty stout and nicely made.

They are pretty good tops. They are different brands. I've had different styles of Colombian hard tops on my 43's, not a single complaint.
MPR, Fivres are very good brands.

A.J

I was asking about the Gozzard fiberglass top. Is that what you were referimg to?

I was asking about the Gozzard fiberglass top. Is that what you were referimg to?
Sorry, I was distracted. I was referring to the fiberglass tops that come on the 43's from Colombia.
I don't have any experience with the Gozzard Composite that you were asking.

A.J

I took these pics at least 20 years ago. It's some kind of aftermarket hard top on a factory soft top 40. I tried unsuccessfully to buy the Cruiser, it belonged to an older widowed lady. It wasn't there the next time I went by, somebody got a nice one!

image.jpeg

Don't buy anything from PACOL. That is the shadiest company I've ever dealt with. They still owe me a tub and it's been 18months now.
Would you mind giving a little more detail on that? I am looking for replacement panels and am looking at all options. Thx

@tstepp920 there are plenty of stories in the "Bad Sellers" list about Pacol. If you need panels contact Frank at LC Heaven. His a mud member in good standing and he buys the panels from the same manufacturers.

Hi everyone, I'm in Colombia and I can tell you these hardtops are very good quality, the funny thing is most of the cars that came to Colombia were soft top and the Toyota dealership in colombia install this types of hardtops; the only bad thing is that they changed the backdoors and some times put a fiberglass door or two large metal doors, i have one on my car, if you want i can start sending some of this to you guys.
DSC_0002.JPG
DSC_0008.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom