Fixed top swb list (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@Gumby
I have a SWB purchase in play. Checked vin on frame and truck. Starts with a 2FJ....

Vin on title shows 3FJ....

all subsequent numbers match.

Oregon title

I saw earlier post that this might be due to when truck was first registered in OR as opposed to VIN number.

Any feedback from the folks on this thread is welcome.

Last edited:
@Gumby
I have a SWB purchase in play. Checked vin on frame and truck. Starts with a 2FJ....

Vin on title shows 3FJ....

all subsequent numbers match.

Oregon title

I saw earlier post that this might be due to when truck was first registered in OR as opposed to VIN number.

Any feedback from the folks on this thread is welcome.

We will need to see some pictures of this Cruiser please.

Ahem. In due time. Promise!!! Feedback first?

We will need to see some pictures of this Cruiser please.
⭕........
i`m --rED. cAN#45##p.png
...⭕

2FJ..... means that it is a 1962 build. Could have been sold in 1963, and registered as a 1963, but the vin number should be the same on paper as it is on the frame.
Maybe a typo by PO or DMV when it was last registered, or first registered.
Is there a metal vin tag on the fire wall passenger side engine compartment? (EDIT: just saw you noted that)

Last edited:
A ‘62, in Oregon? Hmmm.

Pictures now dog gone it! (😂 no patience)

2FJ..... means that it is a 1962 build. Could have been sold in 1963, and registered as a 1963, but the vin number should be the same on paper as it is on the frame.
Maybe a typo by PO or DMV when it was last registered, or first registered.
Is there a metal vin tag on the fire wall passenger side engine compartment? (EDIT: just saw you noted that)
Yes. possible mistakes at the DMV in the past. That may be nearly impossible to correct without posting bond.
Does the VIN stamped on the right front frame horn match any numbers? The ID plate is easy to change.
I would get a VIN inspection from the appropriate local authority before finalizing any deal.

Also the way the windshield attaches (fake hinges) put it in the '64 or newer category. The grille surround for the early (62-63) 45's had "Toyota" embossed in the surround, although those can be changed.

So I'd be suspicious of the title and the originality of the beast.

My 64 is registered as a 66. Little brass tag said 65. Title change form and an inspection should be all it needs. I usually went to a small town dmv if I had a tricky situation.
So does your title match your frame and cowl VIN #?

Title correction form is usually fairly easy, but that varies state to state.
In TX corrections can be made on TX titles only. Out of state needs to be corrected out of state. Seller is doing this for us.

@nick was that the one from Utah?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom