Fixed top swb list (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Do you have owner history? I think that used to live in Pueblo CO, owned by Jerry. Only 3 digits off from my '63 - 13034.
It was owned by an wild animal park in Utah before I bought it from Tres Sorbonne in Duchesne UT

@Searcher356 pics/build thread of 13034? Mine is 13038, build thread link in my signature.

Attachments

• Land Cruiser Pickup features.pdf
    61.7 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:
A ‘62, in Oregon? Hmmm.

Pictures now dog gone it! (😂 no patience)

We will need to see some pictures of this Cruiser please.

As Promised....

2FJ4512043

4C6C051C-0FD9-4BF6-AF8E-5F6B9A6F6469.jpeg
AB0AF9C4-4FF8-454D-8266-6E913533AC6B.jpeg

She's a beaut! Congratulations. Looks like you have some nice fenders and a hood in the background. Are those for your 45 or something else?

As Promised....

2FJ4512043

View attachment 2694516
Now, there's a beautiful bed!
Curious - I see the swing away tire rack latch. Mine (3FJ45-13034) had the holes, but the spare was mounted under the bed on a drop-down rack.
Does yours have an under bed spare rack?
Mine also had a dealer- or port-installed rear HD bumper, and maybe it interfered with the swing-away. I have only seen 3 others with the HD bumper.

Whodoggie! that’s an early one, ‘62! Looks like it has been well taken care of and/or repaired. Should have the funky inside door handles that point up, and a centered rear diff if all original. Bed looks fantastic (jealous after spending another few hours rebuilding mine). Keeping stock or going a mod’d route?

@Searcher356 my early ‘63 has the holes and structural support for the swing out carrier (carrier was missing, have a stock one from Mr. Pardi in hand), but it also has a few of the frame elements for the under frame spare rack. My guess is that there are some transition elements common to rigs as toyota transitioned from one config to another. 63 was a significant transition year mid-year. 65 too. FWIW.

Whodoggie! that’s an early one, ‘62! Looks like it has been well taken care of and/or repaired. Should have the funky inside door handles that point up, and a centered rear diff if all original. Bed looks fantastic (jealous after spending another few hours rebuilding mine). Keeping stock or going a mod’d route?
Correct about the rear diff and the inside door handles.
I switched to the more modern latches (handle pointing down) because of a lot of wear on the latch mechanism, but I missed the up-pointing handlers. Much easier to open the door, since the older short cabs have you sitting more forward, and you can open the old doors with your elbow.
The modern handles require more squirming around to reach.

Now, there's a beautiful bed!
Curious - I see the swing away tire rack latch. Mine (3FJ45-13034) had the holes, but the spare was mounted under the bed on a drop-down rack.
Does yours have an under bed spare rack?
Mine also had a dealer- or port-installed rear HD bumper, and maybe it interfered with the swing-away. I have only seen 3 others with the HD bumper.

Mine doesn’t currently have the under bed spare rack, but it looks like the bed mount member and rack were once there.

Yes truck was originally from a drier region of Oregon so the bed was preserved well. Only one bed crossmember appears to be rusted through. The door handles are missing and the rear diff is offset. Plan on going a modded route with patina if I can get through the primer overcoat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom