Fender Flares (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Aahh, changed here since then. Enough of our economy is offroad tourist related that the state rewrote the laws. I even have a street legal Motocross bike thanks to the new rules. Johnny Law ain't real happy about it but that's too damn bad.
8)

I have the Spectre flares on mine, and have taken atleast 8 years of dragging through rocks and dirt without cracking, and although scratched and no longer shiny, they look better that way.

Hey I have a 74 fj40 and I got a 4 inch lift and i have 35 inch tires wating to go on. I was looking for a cheap set of fender flares. I saw the posts on the TJ fender flares. I want to crop my fenders a bit, will these let me do that?

Steve.........your red 40? I like it :)

17May03-47.jpg

Bull 22-

The TJ flare needs to be trimmed a bit, which is very easy to do, and yes, these will allow you to open up the wheel well, and have enough flare for clean install and coverage of your trim job.

Very easy, and a nice piece that seems to follow the original opening very close.

Here is a stock width set installed on a friends 40...

http://www.mindcrater.com/Gallery_17May03/pages/17May03-20.htm

Good luck!

-Steve

Yes, that is my red truck.

Thanks John!

[quote author=Bull22 link=board=1;threadid=11230;start=msg101845#msg101845 date=1076328983]
Hey I have a 74 fj40 and I got a 4 inch lift and i have 35 inch tires wating to go on. I was looking for a cheap set of fender flares. I saw the posts on the TJ fender flares. I want to crop my fenders a bit, will these let me do that?
[/quote]

Here is a side view of the TJ flares with 34" tires. You will have to trim back a good bit - my tires look centered because the springs are flipped which moved the axle back about 3 inches. I've leaned the side of the truck against a revine since then and the flares held up great - popped right back into place.

Thanks Guys.. Now I just have to find a set of the flares.

Thanks guys.. Now I just have to find a set of the flares.

I also use TJ flares, they look really good on a 40, no exposed hardware, and I got them NEW for around $30 each. I too have my rear springs flipped and they are almost centered in the wheelwell (I need to redrill the perch to move them forward about an inch) I have a 79 fj40 Blue with a bit of black armor and it looks really good.

If anybody knows where i can get some of the TJ flares let me know.

reproductions on ebay / oem from.........jeep dealership :flipoff2:

I found a set from a cherokee that are dirt cheap. Will these work or do they need to be from a TJ.

[quote author=Bull22 link=board=1;threadid=11230;start=msg101979#msg101979 date=1076351686]
I found a set from a cherokee that are dirt cheap. Will these work or do they need to be from a TJ.
[/quote]

I think you need TJ flares the Cherokees are curved and the TJ's are flat.

Drew <><

Thanks Ken.

I traded some stuff to a guy for them three or four years ago...I like them, they work pretty well. They use Toyota handles and catch mechanisms, so they open and close like they should.

I think he purchased them here...

http://www.sor.com/sor/cat273b.tam?xax=31233

-Steve

Do you need to use pop rivits like the other type?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom