Builds Farm Fresh LV (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I had a 36 gallon take made here in salt lake about 7 years ago. not sure where it is in my thread but there should be some savings in doing two. hopefully, yours is less than what I paid...

Here are some mock up pics of the new gas tank. The cardboard mock up is upside down. It should be about 29.5 gallons. He is making it out of steel and using the mounting rings for the sending unit and the fuel pick up from the old one to save some time/$. Going to do an 1/8" skid plate as well. This extends back towards the bumper but leaves room for my hitch and trailer connections. He added 3" to the depth but plans to tuck it up by an inch so only and extra 2" of hang on the tank and a nice angle tucked up to the bumper. I have told him that there is interest for more so I will keep everyone informed and see what the cost will be.
gas tank1.jpeg
gas tank2.jpeg

My plan is for a modern engine as well, Toyota in my case, so I'd want to include the appropriate ports etc to make that work as easily as possible...

Was there any discussion of building it out of aluminum?

KT40, I talked to kyle about the rocker panels. He is not inclined to do them for two reasons. First is his cnc plasma cutter is shot and he is not sure when he will fix it or get a new one. But the main reason is that he had to do a lot of fitting to get mine in and he doesn't want to put out something that is going to cause problems. Sorry.

I also asked him for a price for the gas tank but have not heard back yet. He did say that using some of the parts of the old tank was key and he would want to do that in the future. Right at 30 gallons. Not too much of a hang on it. He also did the skid plate as well.
IMG_1086.JPG

Got over 1200 miles on her so far and very pleased! Had a couple issues with the a/c but the fan shroud and tightening the binary switch seems to have solved those. Found a bench seat center console on ebay and it works really well. IT is really cheaply made but it was only $39 so I went with it. I had a nylon strap laying around that I cut and stapled into the front and back so it goes all the way around the bottom of the seat. It has two cup holders and a reasonable storage compartment. It came with a CD holder in the center!:hmm: No use for that, but under that they had put felt and so I just tossed the cd holder.
IMG_1087.JPG

And the color is not bad either!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom