Builds Farm Fresh LV (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I got it from Steele Rubber Products. The item # Is somewhere back in the the thread. I took a picture of the bag when I got a sample. It seemed to work well on the windshield and the back window of the tailgate but there were some gaps in the corners of the quarter panel windows. I was and am still a little worried that this will hold some water and junk underneath it. I did sand, prime and paint underneath all the places where I was using this seal. I will probably go back and seal around the outside with some type of caulk. There may be a better seal, but this being my first try, I wanted to try this one.

So, shake down cruise #2. Got the power steering pump hose replaced and cleaned it all up with a little purple power. Off to lunch with my brother and then Lowes for a couple things. Wawa was right there so I decided to fill her up. The leaking filler neck was solved and she took 17.2 gallons. Ran back to the shop and all seemed well. Still need to get the front end aligned. She's a little squirrelly in some turns but really smooth other wise. I think I may need shocks for the seat though? It has more bounce than the springs! Now for the bad..... Got back the the shop and smelled gas. I had this nagging feeling when I was filling up that I should not do it all the way 'cause I know I will then have to pump it out. Well the vent fitting is leaking pretty bad. I had the tank cleaned and coated but apparently they did not check it very well for leaks!! Oh well, pump it out tomorrow and back to the tank shop......:mad::mad::mad:

Please details on the weather stripping for the front window. Where did you get it?

From page 5. It's like finding the golden ticket.

weatherstripWindows.JPG

Well the tank is back in! Kyle, my body work guy, came through and was able to lead the seem that was leaking. I cannot say enough about that Kyle. :cheers: Put the rear view mirror on and realized it is will not work. It was from a 55 I think? Too long and not the right angle so it sat down in the windshield and wouldn't even adjust to be able to see out the back. Good thing it is made out of solid aluminum. A little cutting and grinding and threading and voila! It works! Now a little JB Weld and some paint. Good as new.

IMG_0757.JPG

IMG_0758.JPG

Hey you remember how many feet of the weather strip it took for all your windows, I’m looking to order and will get extra but have no idea how much.

Well, got over 100 miles and 1 perma-grin! Finding out a few things I need to work on. Moved the turn signal up to the normal position. It was rotated down so I could reverse the steering column brackets and raise the steering wheel up a bit. I like the height on the wheel but the turn signal was in my knee. The dash had to be cut a little but a rubber grommet seems to finish it off nicely.
IMG_0803.JPG

Also put in a shift indicator and mounted the two switches that control the digital functions on the dash. Thought it worked out pretty nicely. The indicator is helpful since the transmission is not shifting quite right. It wants to go into OD too quickly and takes the rpm's down to under 1000? Then it starts to act like it wants to jump in and out of OD. So I have been just taking it out of OD unless I am over 55.

IMG_0777.JPG

We finally got a nice day and Frank and I were able to get the Eastwood Patina Preserver on the outside. I am curious to see how it lasts. Looks good. Didn't change the look much at all. A slight sheen and a couple places it looks a little cloudy but I am pleased. Only PIA is that it only comes in spray cans and so you have to tape everything off. Hopefully, by the time I need to do it again I can find it in a quart can and put it on with a brush.
Also found out I need to get the glass guy back out, Washed down before we coated and lots of water coming through the seals. He also did not cut the front windows right and need to be re-done. Oh well, haven't paid them so I know he will come back and get it right. won't stop me from driving though!!

So It stopped raining long enough to get the LV out and washed down with de-greaser. Then the Eastwood Patina Preserver went on. Kind of a PIA to tape it all up but, on the up side, I used less product than they said it would take. I used 7 cans for three good coats. They say to mist it and not to wet the surface out? Well, that is not how it goes down over rust outside with a 15Knt wind. Maybe that works with old and faded paint but it ended up soaking into the rust. I have noticed some blushing where it turned a little cloudy but I don't think it takes away from the look and it is beading water! Now we will see how long it lasts. I did notice during the wash down that all of the static windows are leaking. :mad::mad: Glass guy is on my to call list!
IMG_0805.JPG
IMG_0805.JPG
IMG_0806.JPG
IMG_0807.JPG

Wow.....I had some serious catching up to do on this thread! Been spending way too much time in the 70 section. How great to have another patina LV on the road. LOVE that green glass too....looks way cool.

Better fix that bezel before someone calls the police.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom