Builds Farm Fresh LV (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It's an Anco universal arm. They are adjustable in length and angle of the head. They work but aren't the prettiest things.
IMG_0825.JPG

I had some spare arms that looked like that....didn't know what they were. They look good.

It's an Anco universal arm. They are adjustable in length and angle of the head. They work but aren't the prettiest things. View attachment 1953762

Take them off and spray them with water and throw them in the backyard for a month.

They’ll match the truck perfectly!

Did you sleeve the hood hinge bolt holes in the mod? If so, with what? :cheers:

Got the acorn hubs on and the bezel right again. Perfect day today for a cruise around in the LV! Almost 200 miles on her. So much fun even on paved roads. She is smooth as silk on the highway at 72mph. Still getting some gas smell after hard turns so I will have to investigate. The roof is flexing and making noise against the supports as well. Thinking of seam sealer for that? Got a little squeak in the steering column but I am pretty sure that is an easy fix with a little Teflon tape. Also found that the bottom window frame mount has cracked away from the inner door skin. Had welded it back a long time ago but I don't think there was enough metal left so it cracked again. Will put a donut patch over it this time. Still avoiding the rain because the glass guy has not come to see if he can fix my leaks. My guess is he knows he cannot and will have to re-make at least three pieces if not more! :mad::mad:

IMG_0829.JPG

IMG_0830.JPG

The gas smell is probably the fuel sloshing around and some escapes from the weep hole in the filler neck. Welcome to my world.

Truck looks great. It's like my trucks brother

Thanks. This has been a great adventure so far and I am sure it will continue! Speaking of, my front brakes are dragging? I have adjusted the pedal and spaced the MC away from the hydro-boost but they are still dragging? Fine when the engine is off but as soon as you start, it has a drag on the front wheels not the back. Thought I had bad bearings making heat but it's the brakes? New MC but old Hydro-boost. Maybe it is bad and leaking pressure to the front?

Did some net surfing asked a few good mechanics I know and got the front brakes figured out. Back pressure do to incorrect return line routing! Had it going through the cooler first and it should have gone to the reservoir first. Having to push everything through the cooler was creating enough back pressure to keep the front brakes dragging the rotor. Now she glides so nicely and shifts much better. Before I had to keep it out off OD if I was less then 55 because it would try to jump in and out of gear. Mileage should be much better as well.

Had a younger guy pull up along side me at a light the other day on my way home in the LV and say, "Love it, keep at it, you'll finish it one day". I mentioned that it was as finished as it was going to get. Ha.

So cool to see these trucks on the road like this! The world has enough shiny cars and trucks!

I have come across a couple things I need to address. First is a fan shroud. A/C really not working when it is hot. Took it in to check the level thinking I had a leak but found that the fan is not pulling enough air to cool everything down. Engine temp was ok but creeping up to the 210 mark and the pressures were way high on the a/c even with a floor fan in front of the radiator. Poured a little water on the condenser and the pressure went straight down to normal. So trying to gt a shroud now but thinking I will have to make one to fit.
Second issue was the roof supports. I have one that is just not holding up. It seems some one walked on the roof way back before I got started and it was outside in my storage lot. The roof bounced back but the stiffener did not. Probably need to make a new one?
Third issue is a more of a want than a need. The gas tank is only 18gal. At 13 to 14mpg, that does not get me very far. I thought I would get better mileage out of the 5.3? I am going to get a bigger gas tank made. I was looking the other day and seems like I could get another 3" of depth before it stuck down too much? Anyone else done a bigger tank in an LV? I have seen the Manafre? aluminum ones that are huge. That just seems to stick down way too much? I am not going rock crawling but I would hate to punch a hole in it over a log or a well placed rock. I will certainly do a good skid plate to go with that.
Once all that is done, I will get the head liner and door cards in and then I will be done! :rofl: At least for now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom