Fall Crawl 2017 - Oct 13-14 - Rausch Creek (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Other than the rain it was a good trip. I came home with Jeff's beer in my cooler as an added bonus.

Another great Fall Crawl!

Thanks for the spotting, Matt. Thanks, Andy, for the birf and small side axle, and thanks to Matt, Stump, Chris, Burl and everyone else for helping me get it in.

Another great Fall Crawl!

Thanks for the spotting, Matt. Thanks, Andy, for the birf and small side axle, and thanks to Matt, Stump, Chris, Burl and everyone else for helping me get it in.
Did you get home alright? How 'bout the Cruiser?

Did you get home alright? How 'bout the Cruiser?

Cruiser and I both got home. I was halfway around the Baltimore beltway when I started hearing a new whine from the front end. I thought maybe it was something to do with he way I put the new birf in.

I got off at the next exit and, ironically, happened to pull into a sears auto parking lot. Found my front diff smoking and no drain plug. I spent a while calling around trying to find a replacement plug but no luck. Ended up calling USAA for a tow home. Would have done that sooner if I realized it was going to be fully covered!

My plan is to put oil in it and drive it. See what happens. Hopefully, I pulled over in time.

Either way, my diff drains will be welded before I wheel again.

Dang... I have a few spares & would have driven up to you if I knew what was up; maybe we can get a local group phone/text thread in case we need real-time help for future mishaps.

Cruiser and I both got home. I was halfway around the Baltimore beltway when I started hearing a new whine from the front end. I thought maybe it was something to do with he way I put the new birf in.

I got off at the next exit and, ironically, happened to pull into a sears auto parking lot. Found my front diff smoking and no drain plug. I spent a while calling around trying to find a replacement plug but no luck. Ended up calling USAA for a tow home. Would have done that sooner if I realized it was going to be fully covered!

My plan is to put oil in it and drive it. See what happens. Hopefully, I pulled over in time.

Smoking AND whining...oofah, time for a full rebuild!

Can't say enough good about USAA covered the tow of my Ford from PA to VA.

Also put up a video

IMG_20171013_135232-ANIMATION.gif
Felix on Trail 13.

We got a late start on saturday, had to replace a motor mount in Tim's truck, only to find out the Chinese kids did not drill the holes correctly. We had to take it back out and file the holes. We wheeled the Western property till about 5 pm. We found lots of blue and black rock trails and even one red one.

Even though this event has become more relaxed in the last few years it was still good to see friends showing up to wheel. Sorry I missed the Dunkin Doughnuts Gary! I love those things.

Here are a few pics I took of some of the trails we found.

aoaa 1.jpg

aoaa 2.jpg

aoaa3.jpg

aoaa4.jpg

aoaa5.jpg

one more

aoaa 6.jpg

Seems like you are shorting us on a story ?

Pics from Saturday over here

Here is my hillclimb!
I like the end when everyone scatters like roaches!

That's even better than your video of the lunch break.

That's even better than your video of the lunch break.

I'm still working on the lunch video!
There was a LOT of action in it to edit!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom