Fall Crawl 2017 - Oct 13-14 - Rausch Creek (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The BBRC Fall Crawl is coming up next month, a little earlier than usual. - BBRC Fall Crawl 2017

I'm planning on going up Thursday afternoon. Who's in?

Anyone want to do a day trip up to Anthacit park? Or whatever the name of the other place Gary Knows is?

I'd be interested but do it the first day or last day to avoid an extra load/unload the trailer.

Based on last year, I'd say we do Anthracite (or some other non-RC park) on Saturday. Unless we're on the trails by 8:00 (which we absolutely will not be), we'll be on the trail quicker after driving to Anthracite that we would waiting in line to register at Rausch on Saturday.

I could be wrong, though. Maybe Anthracite gets backed up now, too?

You can pre-register online for Anthracite to save a little time.

RC gets backed up, especially if the weather is nice. CLCC doesn't usually wake up and get going until after the crowd has thinned.

There's a plan to our madness!!
I'm game for Saturday at Anthracite!!

That will be fine. We found some trails that are of interest. The kicker here is they close that side at 3PM you need to be out of there by that time. It's a long trail over there so an early start is imperative. How that need dovetails with the "early start" capabilities of the VA contingent remains to be seen. I would suggest being at Anthracite at 7:45AM, every one having pre-registered online, for as early a start as we can get to take advantage of the time available on that side of the park.

Rausch of course can get busy on the weekend, in fact it usually is. If there is an event on any given weekend it gets even more crowded. They do move people through fairly quickly but ya never know. Anthracite is less crowded although it is slowly but surely getting more popular with full size vehicles. I've seen jeep groups, other Toyota groups, and a rover group there in the last few months. I believe registering online is free and it definitely minimizes the time needed in the office getting set up for the day. Get registered and decide what day of the week is best for you guys. I'm game for whatever you decide but there's my recommendation.

Only been there once and it was on two wheels. Not the best video, but this is some footage from when I was there

And yeah, they wouldn't let us cross the road after 12 at that time. Rules may be different now.

It's a long trail over there so an early start is imperative. How that need dovetails with the "early start" capabilities of the VA contingent remains to be seen.

That is a generous understatement.

Primitive camping at Rausch for everyone but Gary. Gary likes to cuddle with Matt at the Comfort Inn.

Are we thinking Saturday for Anthracite? Us Trailer Queens can stay loaded for the trip home Sunday!

Let's hit the Western Reserve on Saturday. There are some very interesting trails there. You MF'ers neeed to get it in gear early, as Gary stated, it's a bit of a haul to get to the trails and we need to be out by three. I can get us to the good stuff over there...

Let's hit the Western Reserve on Saturday. There are some very interesting trails there. You MF'ers neeed to get it in gear early, as Gary stated, it's a bit of a haul to get to the trails and we need to be out by three. I can get us to the good stuff over there...
Gee why couldn't I have said it like that...................I can probably have donuts at Anthracite when you get there, too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom