Fall Crawl 2017 - Oct 13-14 - Rausch Creek (1 Viewer)

Another great Fall Crawl!

Thanks for the spotting, Matt. Thanks, Andy, for the birf and small side axle, and thanks to Matt, Stump, Chris, Burl and everyone else for helping me get it in.

Stumpalama

Forum Junkie
SILVER Star
Another great Fall Crawl!

Thanks for the spotting, Matt. Thanks, Andy, for the birf and small side axle, and thanks to Matt, Stump, Chris, Burl and everyone else for helping me get it in.
Did you get home alright? How 'bout the Cruiser?

Did you get home alright? How 'bout the Cruiser?

Cruiser and I both got home. I was halfway around the Baltimore beltway when I started hearing a new whine from the front end. I thought maybe it was something to do with he way I put the new birf in.

I got off at the next exit and, ironically, happened to pull into a sears auto parking lot. Found my front diff smoking and no drain plug. I spent a while calling around trying to find a replacement plug but no luck. Ended up calling USAA for a tow home. Would have done that sooner if I realized it was going to be fully covered!

My plan is to put oil in it and drive it. See what happens. Hopefully, I pulled over in time.

Either way, my diff drains will be welded before I wheel again.

Crusha

Self-censoring my mud posts...
SILVER Star
Cruiser and I both got home. I was halfway around the Baltimore beltway when I started hearing a new whine from the front end. I thought maybe it was something to do with he way I put the new birf in.

I got off at the next exit and, ironically, happened to pull into a sears auto parking lot. Found my front diff smoking and no drain plug. I spent a while calling around trying to find a replacement plug but no luck. Ended up calling USAA for a tow home. Would have done that sooner if I realized it was going to be fully covered!

My plan is to put oil in it and drive it. See what happens. Hopefully, I pulled over in time.

Smoking AND whining...oofah, time for a full rebuild!

Jakes40

IH8MUD Poser
SILVER Star

Can't say enough good about USAA covered the tow of my Ford from PA to VA.

Also put up a video

Stumpalama

Forum Junkie
SILVER Star
IMG_20171013_135232-ANIMATION.gif
Felix on Trail 13.

We got a late start on saturday, had to replace a motor mount in Tim's truck, only to find out the Chinese kids did not drill the holes correctly. We had to take it back out and file the holes. We wheeled the Western property till about 5 pm. We found lots of blue and black rock trails and even one red one.

Even though this event has become more relaxed in the last few years it was still good to see friends showing up to wheel. Sorry I missed the Dunkin Doughnuts Gary! I love those things.

Here are a few pics I took of some of the trails we found.

aoaa 1.jpg

aoaa 2.jpg

aoaa3.jpg

aoaa4.jpg

aoaa5.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom