Factory Tint (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

In for more results on the Eagle one for the side windows. Looks like phosphoric acid and hydrogen fluoride are the main active ingredients

The eagle one stuff is not successful on the side windows. It’s simply frosts over and makes the glass opaque. Attempt at your own risk. There is a thread detailing this.

Where did someone source clear glass for the rear doors on the 80?

Did a quick search and no availability in partsouq, but found it in mega zip, from Japan.
Do you know which part #'s? I checked and there are like 30+ options.

if you tint it dark enough you can hardly notice....

This is only 15% (and 50% on the windshield)
IMG_1643.jpg
IMG_1644.jpg

Nice, do you happen to have a picture of the back glass and did yours come with the shiny reflective tint as well? Or did white ones have different tint built in.
I can take one, are you wanting to see the hatch?

I believe the white ones came with the same factory tint in all the rears.

I can take one, are you wanting to see the hatch?

I believe the white ones came with the same factory tint in all the rears.
That would be awesome if you could. I'd like to see how the darker tint works with the slightly different stock tint application on the rear hatch. Mine seems to be on the outside and can be removed or affected from the outside- whereas the other windows seem baked in. :)

Much appreciated!

Mega zip doesn't state clear but verifying with a picture off partsouq, it looks to be clear. For that cost it may be worth trying to verify first if you could get someone to answer. There seems to be an option to ask questions on the site. I would order a set, even at that cost.

1631068784768.png

smaller window insert
1631069051672.png

windshield for $1K while your at it.
1631069170098.png

split door on the rear so no luck on the clear hatch glass. I would be happy with clear glass and no defrost. Hasn't worked for 15 years anyway...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom