Exhaust over or under frame, options? (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Anyone run a side dump with rocker panels?
Save a bit of money

That muffler totally saved your driveshaft
Not my truck and not really.
89F69010-8FBB-4BC6-A0CB-B57489FDB1D8.jpeg

wow this is hot topic huh. thanks for all the replies so quickly. my header is back ordered and wont be here for 6-8 weeks even though the website said it was in stock. ill call cx on monday and see exactly whats going on with that. reading all of this and seeing some pictures, ill go over the frame. i want stock-ish sound, i do not want a loud/rumbly exhaust tone, so id be happy to replace my entire system with original stuff.

could i use a stock 93-94 over the frame muffler assembly on the upturned header mid-pipe on a 95, is there a difference in the floor?

wow this is hot topic huh. thanks for all the replies so quickly. my header is back ordered and wont be here for 6-8 weeks even though the website said it was in stock. ill call cx on monday and see exactly whats going on with that. reading all of this and seeing some pictures, ill go over the frame. i want stock-ish sound, i do not want a loud/rumbly exhaust tone, so id be happy to replace my entire system with original stuff.

could i use a stock 93-94 over the frame muffler assembly on the upturned header mid-pipe on a 95, is there a difference in the floor?

There isnt a difference in the floor pan but you will be missing a heat shield or two since different routings got different shields. I am over the frame in my 97 and dont notice it causing any ill effects.

There isnt a difference in the floor pan but you will be missing a heat shield or two since different routings got different shields. I am over the frame in my 97 and dont notice it causing any ill effects.

To add I have seen 2 different over the frame heat shield, euro and US

The quiet flow muffler I used is very...well.. quiet. Does not sound any different over the stock system I took out and it was less expensive than a stock replacement. About half the size and weight too.

All I have seen is the 2' of down pipe off the exhaust manifold used. Im finding the 105 down pipe hard to located and pricey. Not sure Im willing to send $$$ to the middle of nowhere and hope.
Does anyone know if the FZJ105 exhaust manifolds are the same as FZJ80?
In Australia running a turbo 1FZ use the diesel 3" exhaust which runs inside the chassis rail, i would like to run my 1FZ exhaust inside the rail as it would eliminate all the bends to bring it back over the chassis and keeps it tucked up out of the way.
Also easier to build sliders.

I was thinkin more like Rosie. Bit she is too close to the ground to get a good pic.
Yep. Mine is from a 93/94; it’s nice to have it up and out of the way. Andy’s truck didn’t do so well at the hammers, but it was a gutless pig before we went and still was on the way home, albeit with a bit more whistle than it had before. :hillbilly:

Folks keeping both stock cats and still getting over the frame rail with no body lift?

I seem to break my exhaust mounts and squish the pipe that goes under at least once a year now :/ Gone through a lot of bailing wire.

Does anyone know if the FZJ105 exhaust manifolds are the same as FZJ80?
In Australia running a turbo 1FZ use the diesel 3" exhaust which runs inside the chassis rail, i would like to run my 1FZ exhaust inside the rail as it would eliminate all the bends to bring it back over the chassis and keeps it tucked up out of the way.
Also easier to build sliders.

IIRC they are.

Bump! I keep crushing my exhaust pipe where is goes under the frame from the cats to the muffler. I would really like to fix this with an off-the-shelf fix if possible on my 97 LX. OTRAMM doesn't sell their SS kit anymore...

Bump! I keep crushing my exhaust pipe where is goes under the frame from the cats to the muffler. I would really like to fix this with an off-the-shelf fix if possible on my 97 LX. OTRAMM doesn't sell their SS kit anymore...
I had my neighborhood muffler shop pull my double cats and replace with a small high performance cat and reroute it over the frame like a 93-94. Done deal!

I had my neighborhood muffler shop pull my double cats and replace with a small high performance cat and reroute it over the frame like a 93-94. Done deal!
approx. how much did that run you?

CRX headers and 3" over the frame custom exhaust. Not an off-the-shelf bolt on. This was at a muffler/speed shop in Scottsdale AZ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom