Evaluating the value of my FZJ80 (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello!

Please notify me if this is not ok to post in tech forum, I wasn’t sure the proper location. Not listing classified just looking for help in valuing my ride as I am considering selling!

Specs:
1994 FZJ80 lives in AZ for its first 20 years with one owner. I purchased 5 year ago and moved to OR (the long way via the ALCAN highway)
Miles:147,000
Safari roof rack
OME HEAVY lift
33” mud terrains
Customer hidden 9,000lb mile marker winch
Head gasket, heater core, ALL hoses replaced within last 2 years. EGR system electronically deleted.

Am I crazy for valuing this over 10k? I wanted to list for closer to 13-14. But you guys/gals are the experts, can you help me value this low mileage FJ?

9913CA24-2751-420A-868A-74A364BC9470.jpeg

EF718676-C8F6-4CFA-A415-E0426095AB41.jpeg

F3527270-FBF4-4BE1-BA28-772049ED7A20.jpeg

152E164A-13D4-49F7-8F82-C883678AAC4B.jpeg

look at what has been listed in classified ads through out the west coast and you will see you are in the ball park,especially with the HG already done at such a low mileage good to go for another 400,000 miles

Locked or not is a big determiner. I'd say in SoCal it's a $10-11K truck. That depends on condition of the interior and the receipts on the work done. That is, reputable shop, quality parts, etc.

Also, my suggestion if you do sell it is don't put pics in your ad of you wheeling it. I think that creates the impression you beat on it. I realize the pics are cool, but to many buyers, that is not what they want to see the PO having done in their future truck.

GLWS!

I am going to be in the market for an 80 in a couple of months and have been searching all over the US . The country is full of overpriced rusted out 80s and you are in the ball park for what is being asked. Even though I want a stock 96-97 and plan buying a lower cost 80 that is in need of mechanical work, if I saw your truck listed for under 11k and it was clean (straight body) I would be calling.

Thanks everyone!

Car is not locked unfortunately! 1 month later in production and it would of been!

I do not have many receipts, but it has only been worked on at two diff shops in its whole life, both reputable. I imagine I can pull records from each!

Interior is in great condition other than cracking plastic on the doors, where your locks and window controls are from being in the AZ sun. Hood and roof paint are also faded, but other than that the exterior is in pretty good condition. 3rd row seats are gone too!

Good suggestion on not posting wheeling pics. The first 100k of this cars life it never even saw dirt, but that has NOT been the case since. She pulled a trailer up the ALCAN and back over a 5 month period just a few years back!

I'm thinking I'll list it for $14,000 and see what comes in?!

Thanks again ya'll

I am going to be in the market for an 80 in a couple of months and have been searching all over the US . The country is full of overpriced rusted out 80s and you are in the ball park for what is being asked. Even though I want a stock 96-97 and plan buying a lower cost 80 that is in need of mechanical work, if I saw your truck listed for under 11k and it was clean (straight body) I would be calling.

If i can't sell it I'll let you know! I need 10k minimum to be able to get into the tacoma I'm looking at

Being a 94 no lockers, I'd say 8k. Being that u used it for water crossings we dont know how long its had water in the gear oils, so I'd be leary as well as to electrical problems from the water crossings as most dont waterproof the old connectors.

Very true... 8k was what I figured it was worth but then starting looking up comps and started thinking its worth north of 10k. Mostly due to the low mileage and work done!

Car is not locked unfortunately! 1 month later in production and it would of been!

What? Whether it's locked or not has nothing to do with the production date. It's all about the options the truck was equipped with. Most FZJ80's didn't get lockers.

Sorry, not would, COULD of been. They started offering it a month later!

Nope. You could buy a locked '93 if you wanted one. Any FZJ80 in the US had the option of being triple locked. Most of them weren't though. Enough semantics. Nice truck. GLWS.

I thought lockers were an option starting in 93?

It appears I am misinformed good sir! My FJ buddy told me they only started doing them post April-94 but I see nothing that supports this!

Crazy story though, they sold their 94 FZJ 5 years ago for....... $65,000!!!! This thing was AMAZING, had a Diesel V8 swap and everything in the world you can imagine done to it... But nothing makes an FJ work 65K if you ask me...

Start at something high and see what type of response you get. If it doesn't move, drop the price until you start getting serious calls.

Someone will pay a good sum for that truck. Have it detailed or do it yourself and fix everything that is cheap to fix, like the door trim pieces.

Take good pics of everything and when the truck is as clean as you can make it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom