Builds DUKE - 1993 HDJ80 / 1HD-T / 5-Speed / 3x Locked / LHD *A slow DIY build / resto* (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

How fast you going here, 100? :p;) How does she handle at higher speeds with all the new suspension and bushings?
Haha I was probs doing 40-50mph... the new suspension is amazing, especially at higher speeds. It seems like the faster I go, the smoother and quieter it gets. Super impressed. Plus it handles sooooo much better on the highway now.

Haha I was probs doing 40-50mph... the new suspension is amazing, especially at higher speeds. It seems like the faster I go, the smoother and quieter it gets. Super impressed. Plus it handles sooooo much better on the highway now.
Excellent, I recently installed the one bp 51s but don't have my bumpers on yet so the spring rate isn't quite right. Did you install the new suspension and bushings at the same time? I ask because I'm hoping that my bushings are really most of my problems

Excellent, I recently installed the one bp 51s but don't have my bumpers on yet so the spring rate isn't quite right. Did you install the new suspension and bushings at the same time? I ask because I'm hoping that my bushings are really most of my problems
Yeah I installed everything in the same few days while I had it all out. Thanks!

Great Cruiser! Was this the one on CL for like a year?

You can still get that o-ring for the ACSD, we just blocked one off the other day.

I have some 81 parts laying around, new OEM, let me know if you need anything. I got a few used parts as well. Also got a really nice intercooler for that truck. ;)

Cheers
Intercooler you say??? Now that the exhaust is done, it may be time to add an intercooler soon

Sourced and swapped out the shift knob for OEM goodness.
B94AF897-6DC3-448D-ADF8-67DE507947AC.jpeg
1ED368A0-2A15-42E9-B3EA-5391D050DA1E.jpeg

But here in the EU, maybe 1% of the 80s have quad headlights, mostly former UN vehicles. I can trade a set of EU headlights for your quad if you want real Eu look :cool:
Btw, great build, long time stalking, first commenting!

But here in the EU, maybe 1% of the 80s have quad headlights, mostly former UN vehicles. I can trade a set of EU headlights for your quad if you want real Eu look :cool:
Btw, great build, long time stalking, first commenting!
Very true! I just love the look of the quads so much. I still have no original euro lights in the cabinet for if I want to go back to stock. Thanks so much!

Nice job Bryce. Are you doing this for thermal or sound insulation? Or both?
Thanks buddy! A little bit of both. I think it does a better job at thermal than sound... but it is quieter for sure. I’ve heard doing the roof and doors back the biggest difference, which I have not done. I noticed a big difference with transmission drone being much quieter.

Cold starting wasn’t what it used to be, so out with the old European batteries (who knows how old), in with the new Odyssey 27s. i cleaned up some wiring and replaced the terminals with mil spec as well. I also refinished the brackets with good ol rustoleum.

it feels like is starts before I even turn the key now, like an HDJ should! 910 CCA

63EDAB22-A1D7-49A7-87DB-E20898374E35.jpeg

7831E118-4F00-4795-BF73-4444ECBF5EAC.jpeg

F5222DA2-FD1E-4592-94F4-7292A55EDA2E.jpeg
88827EAA-A010-47E2-907F-1A8D099E4F24.jpeg
74D23EC3-1ED6-46B6-9812-D9FA0F4CB0A6.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom