Downey Carb Linkage (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello, I've got an Fj55 with a Downey carb. The cable linkage is something the PO set up with a spring, some wire, and zip ties. I'd like to get something together that's a little more reliable, LOL. Could anyone help me with the setup? Thanks!

Kris

Downey carb? Holley?

Never heard of a Downey carb??

Yes, sorry. it's a Holley with a downey air cleaner assembly. The PO took the throttle linkage out from the stock carb and the Holley is rigged to a cable through the firewall. Poorly.

Let's talk. If you can post a photo of what you are dealing with, I will no doubt have to send you a freebie cable mounting bracket that is sweet, and will clean up your mess, lemme know. Also, let me know if your float bowl is baffled, and has a chimney (I still have those kits), makes the Holley really sweet off road- - -see my ebay #254412375238, especially the 3 drawings..

Thank you!! I’ll pm you a photo and give you info about the carb asap. I’m trying to revive a dead pig and am slowly making progress.

See photos of the sweet linkage:

CDCCC944-3982-42FE-8D8C-D9A4B1F38362.jpeg

B16098B0-67E2-4E36-93E7-8AD808299143.jpeg

Ok, saw the photos.
1. Send me your snail mail address, I'm going to send you a freebie cable mounting bracket, and the Holley installation instruction sheet that has drawings showing how to hook up the linkage- - -easy deal.
2. I can tell from the photos your Holley is not baffled, and does not have the chimney, look at the ebay number I gave you in post #5 above. If your Holley has #61 jets, you'll be a happy camper after baffling.

From another of my posts:

"A long, long time ago in college, my roommate and I were heading across the Sacramento Mountains on our way to Roswell to visit friends for the weekend. My roommmate was driving his parent's AMC 550 sedan. We were about halfway from the summit to Roswell when the engine died. The first thing we checked was the distributor. After taking off the cap he noticed the end of the rotor had snapped off. So he went to the glove compartment and retrieved his emergency repair kit - baling wire and electrical tape. He proceeded to quickly tape the rotor back together and off we went. We completely forgot to buy a new rotor when we were in town (two full days) and ended up driving all the way back to school, ~175 miles, with the rotor still taped up."

My friend was born in the Bay Area, Vallejo IIRC, but his Dad, who he learned this from, may have been from Oklahoma.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom