Returning to original style Throttle linkage and carburetor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm looking to return my 1977 back to the original mechanical linkage. When I got it it was set up with a holly. So I will need everything from the pedal to the carburetor including the bracket that bolts to the carb. The only component I still have is the bracket still attached to the firewall. Not really looking for a premium fully restored setup like @ToyotaMatt has at this point (though it does look amazing)! Anyone out there have a complete assembly out there they are looking to part with?

Alternatively, since I already have the accelerator pedal for the cable attachment, I've been looking at the 1973 bellcrank cable setup if someone has that setup laying around taking up space and wants to sell it or knows where i can get one.

I'm looking to return my 1977 back to the original mechanical linkage. When I got it it was set up with a holly. So I will need everything from the pedal to the carburetor including the bracket that bolts to the carb. The only component I still have is the bracket still attached to the firewall. Not really looking for a premium fully restored setup like @ToyotaMatt has at this point (though it does look amazing)! Anyone out there have a complete assembly out there they are looking to part with?

Alternatively, since I already have the accelerator pedal for the cable attachment, I've been looking at the 1973 bellcrank cable setup if someone has that setup laying around taking up space and wants to sell it or knows where i can get one.

- Holley still offers the kit's or adapters you are looking for that are missing that attach to the Holley carburetor itself

- can you show several nice up close and personal photos of ALL current parts you have now you discuss above please ?

- inside the truck up under the peddle bucket , like gas peddle assy w/ cable

- also , a example of this 1973 bell crank set up you have been looking at too ...

- this way folks can better understand exactly what all it is you have now current going on , and then how it best relates to the
" Set-up " you refer to above ?

- the intermingling of a HOLLEY Carburetor , and a 1973 FJ40 or a FJ55 from a gas peddle to ' IT ' is NOT a simple straight forward topic ,....

- first , i would clarify if we are discussing a 40 or 55 Series Land Cruiser here ?

- this is step #1

- step #2 is posting ALL the photos below i mention above , this way you are setting yourself up for success , and eliminating all the further speculation and guesswork that can and does come along with ANY 1987 and older Gasoline F series Land Cruiser and the very complex topic of gas pedal to carburetor " Accelerator Linkage " as a whole ......

- you might have seen my 2 different and unique Accelerator Linkage breakdown , assembly , and Technical tutorioal video's i produced and are on my T-TEN You Tube Educational & self empowerment channel ? if so then you know why i take the time to emphasize all of the above ?

- if not ? , let me know i will post them here so you can be brought up to speed correctly by the book , this can and will help you as much as posting the tech photos , below........

THIS IS THE WAY .....,.

matt ...

- Holley still offers the kit's or adapters you are looking for that are missing that attach to the Holley carburetor itself

- can you show several nice up close and personal photos of ALL current parts you have now you discuss above please ?

- inside the truck up under the peddle bucket , like gas peddle assy w/ cable

- also , a example of this 1973 bell crank set up you have been looking at too ...

- this way folks can better understand exactly what all it is you have now current going on , and then how it best relates to the
" Set-up " you refer to above ?

- the intermingling of a HOLLEY Carburetor , and a 1973 FJ40 or a FJ55 from a gas peddle to ' IT ' is NOT a simple straight forward topic ,....

- first , i would clarify if we are discussing a 40 or 55 Series Land Cruiser here ?

- this is step #1

- step #2 is posting ALL the photos below i mention above , this way you are setting yourself up for success , and eliminating all the further speculation and guesswork that can and does come along with ANY 1987 and older Gasoline F series Land Cruiser and the very complex topic of gas pedal to carburetor " Accelerator Linkage " as a whole ......

- you might have seen my 2 different and unique Accelerator Linkage breakdown , assembly , and Technical tutorioal video's i produced and are on my T-TEN You Tube Educational & self empowerment channel ? if so then you know why i take the time to emphasize all of the above ?

- if not ? , let me know i will post them here so you can be brought up to speed correctly by the book , this can and will help you as much as posting the tech photos , below........

THIS IS THE WAY .....,.

matt ...
Thanks @ToyotaMatt for the advice! My rig is a 1977 fj40 body and chasis with a new to me 1986 2f engine. Here is a shot of my fire wall bracket. This is the only original linkage component left. The last pic a screen shot of the bellcrank setup I'm thinking about.

20240113_160816.jpg

20240113_160805.jpg

Screenshot_20240113_170706_Google.jpg

Thanks @ToyotaMatt for the advice! My rig is a 1977 fj40 body and chasis with a new to me 1986 2f engine. Here is a shot of my fire wall bracket. This is the only original linkage component left. The last pic a screen shot of the bellcrank setup I'm thinking about.

View attachment 3532454

View attachment 3532464

View attachment 3532466

this helps alot , good job ! .... :)

- i am not so certain that the older OEM Toyota Bell Crank set-up parts you show nicely above is somehow compatible with a aftermarket HOLLEY Carburetor ?

- i have never seen the 2 working in tandem , on any land cruiser before , but perhaps you have and can post pics of this and that together , working in a way that is possible ....?

- i DO have a few ideas here to help you in this quest you are now on , one thing i can conclude 100% here is your pedal cable as it sits now above .....

- i can also say for sure the one one i show below , with a cast-on alloy barrel stop detail , is your path to stick to ,.

- some have only on one the gas pedal end only , other end is simply a bare wire end , this is NOT desirable here in any way , and the wrong parts detail....fyi

- i also suggest the 2nd HYBRID approach idea below , this gas pedal cable has the same cast-alloy barrel stop on it as the 1st one i discuss above , but has a UNIQUE female socket on the carburetor side end , this one i get told a lot by folks who i mail them out to that the female socket ball end has all sorts of good and desired various aftermarket FUEL System Accelerator hook up possibilities , including the several HOLLEY Sniper platforms now being installed on a number of TOYOTA Engines , including the 6 cylinder Land Cruiser ones ....

- i do not personally use or have ever installed a non-oem Toyota fuel system set up , i am mr. oem according to some in the Vintage TOYOTA Community ...... i am ok being called mr. oem , this is the truth more or less .. :D:wrench::wrench::wrench::wrench::wrench::wrench:

- i will PM you also , so check your in-box after you read and digest the above and below too ..

matt

1705225662563.png

1705225673060.png

1705225687508.png

1705225737850.png

Sounds familiar, here was my journey. Original mechanical linkage parts can be found but you are going to have to dig and be patient.

Thanks guys, to clarify a bit more, I removed the holley and purchased a Partol aftermarket carburetor to install. This is when I discovered the accelerator cable I currently have won't work.

Thanks guys, to clarify a bit more, I removed the holley and purchased a Partol aftermarket carburetor to install. This is when I discovered the accelerator cable I currently have won't work.
I do not know the Partol carb at all.
It sounds like you need someone with a shedload of old parts who knows what they have and what you need for your particular mash-up. Maybe someone who's done it before. Mark A. comes to mind, perhaps @pardion .
Would recommend a correct Aisin carb of course.
Are you going to need to an earlier intake manifold too?

The Partol seems to be a Chinese replica of the oem asin. I have an oem asin from a 1971 but the accelerator cable mounting point interferes with the air filter housing. Also the choke tends to stick open due to the worn bushing I think. Here is a side by side of the 71 asin and the new Partol.

20240113_160854.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom