3 speed linkage routing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I am stuck on the routing of my 3 speed linkages. I seems as though one of the bolts that mounts the bell housing to the frame is too long and would hit the fly wheel. There was a pivot so I bolted the mounting bolt through the pivot and it didn't allow the gear shift to pivot. I am just trying to figure out how I am supposed to mount the the bell housing to the frame specifically the driver's side. For some reason I was too eager to get the motor out to stop and take pictures of how the linkages are actually supposed to go. Now I am wracking my brain trying to figure it out.

Screenshot_20240211-190916.png
Screenshot_20240211-190859.png

Turn your head sideways and that is the clutch fork

Can’t tell too much from the pic but looking at the 2nd pic, I think you need to flip the “boomerang” shifter bracket upside down.

Hold my beer….

Do these help? Disregard the heim joints, I put them in with the 4 on the tree.

IMG_6939.jpeg
IMG_6938.jpeg
IMG_6937.jpeg
IMG_6929.jpeg
IMG_6928.jpeg

Clearly, I need to get up in that with my fluid film….

There is a brace that mounts to a bellhousing mounting bolt (bolt missing in pic :doh:)
IMG_7448.jpeg

IMG_7450.jpeg

So all of the linkages go above the clutch fork. And the shorter bolts go on the bottom of the bell housing. Does the slave cylinder mount to the bell housing on the top.
Above the fork
1707751925824.jpeg

Just a side note not related but why are the transmission and transfer cases always cover in oil and grease
Hahaha. I wondered the same thing. I believe it was due to the breathers, and the leaking shifter seals for the various arms/levers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom