Dogs of MUD! (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just a drive into town to get some food. blurry picture because of the light but sitting on the seat, front feet on the ground, head on the dash.

153C3972-DAD3-468A-9F12-DDC1F3533CFD.jpeg

Update after a week with our crazy feral puppy; he’s adjusting to spoiled life well. He still has no concept of personal space with us or our other dog which has led to a few small scuffles, especially around food. I’m sure dominance is an issue because the puppy isn’t neutered yet but that will change soon. He got a clean bill of health from the vet and all his shots. He loves to cuddle and now sleeps with us every night between our heads and uses pillows like a human. No accidents in the house, loves to go for walks and quickly learned to walk on a leash. So far so good!

7CC35EF6-DB5F-423B-8968-F60EC61E5483.jpeg

It's a nightly competition for this one beanbag. Neither one will give an inch. :)
image.jpeg

Pillow pecking order .... a tad confusing. Little dog = big pillow / Big Dog = small pillow.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Been sad then happy and about to get happier last 3 months
We had to put the top puppy to sleep after rare fungal illness which caused some intestinal masses we couldn’t surgically remove. She was only 20 months old. Horrible experience as she was the most incredible dog! My wife was incredibly affected and found the black dog which was rescued from a kill shelter in Oklahoma. A family saved her and kept her on their farm for 2 months until she was transported to Colorado where her odds of being adopted was much better. Turns out she had resided about 3 miles away from where our farm is in Oklahoma. We foster failed after one week and she has blossomed after an obvious difficult life.
Due to weather we weren’t able to drive to Oklahoma tonight to pick new puppy from same sire as our puppy we had. The gentlemen sent us pic of one of the 2 female puppies we will choose from in 2 weeks
Amazing how these beautiful creatures affect us.
DDA3579E-08E9-4268-A826-F713DAAE63AD.jpeg
D53D9102-EA7D-4C57-8B9E-850CF27BCCD1.jpeg
4767A606-EE94-4A51-A157-0C7ED548B553.jpeg

Very sad situation she was a good looking girl. It is amazing how many yellow labs the rescue shelters have back in the Tulsa area. Glad you have found another pup.
JP

That is sad to hear. Although there are so many great breeds we are partial to the Labs. Daisy was our 3rd lab in the last 25 years. I couldn't imagine not having one. They definitely flourish in open areas where they can run and play. Ironically Daisy was a prolific swimmer and it was most likely one of our ponds where she contracted the fungus. We had awesome time in the short life she had and were fortunate to chronicle this with our many photos.

When Sadie (black dog) was picked up she curled up in tight ball in my back seat. She never moved and i stopped at Wendy's after driving an hour, bought some fries and it took 10 minutes before she would even consider coming to me. Less then 2 months later she crawls up on top of me in my chair as soon as I get home. Hard to believe people drop these dogs off in the outdoors or simply abandon them at the shelters.
477A42B1-9659-48A6-BDF8-FA76FBAB7C2A.jpeg
2C40513A-D22A-4030-AA07-6B058222CB90.jpeg

You are a hero for rescuing Sadie!

You are a hero for rescuing Sadie!
Naw, but it has definitely increased my awareness to rescuing animals. It really pisses me off when folks get animals and unload them when they don't want them anymore. Personally you make the commitment and you stick to it.

Labs are amazing dogs.
Definitely agree about people just dumping animals. I had to quit read Craigslist because it was making me furious. Our latest was a Craigslist rescue. (aussie)

I am so sad for your loss! 😢

Thanks.

Sorry to hear that. Dogs are truly your best friend.
JP

Oh no......!!!
Im so sorry to hear....
R.I.P pooch !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom