Does the stock tyre mount fit a 33" tyre? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mine does and it’s a bj73 but I believe it’s the same door as the troopy. I’m going to fit my 35” spare hopefully soon using a old wheel spacers I have but my current 33 is on the stock carrier

Mine does and it’s a bj73 but I believe it’s the same door as the troopy. I’m going to fit my 35” spare hopefully soon using a old wheel spacers I have but my current 33 is on the stock carrier
You might have weight issues with a 35

33 fine, 35 you have to move the tire mount over 1+ inches by re drilling some mounting holes and possibly moving the center stud plate
i did both for my 285 75 r17 g003 (34.5" tall mounted and filled) to get a nice centered look and clear the small door opening
the G003 run big tho

my hinges were shot so i replaced them and they handle the weight just fine now

Try to find the narrowest version of your current diameter to save weight and room between door and rubber. My 33x1050 -15s are narrow, but I have a 33x950 on the door. Any bigger diameter and the interference with door #1 is likely, depending on the actual tire measurement...

wheel spacer or washers will solve door interference issues from wider tires

2 inch wheel spacer on the door will make a 35 barely fit , small door brushes on my new spare 35 a bit when opening or closing but it works

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom