Does anyone believe this rust is worth repairing? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all, I just recently got a 1996 lx450 to turn into an overland project, not sure if this is the right place to post something like this since I’m new to forums so I apologize if it’s out of place, the model I picked up does have a couple rust holes near the windshield, and I’d really hate to scrap this build if it’s going to be outrageous to repair or if it’s too far gone, does this look like it can be repaired with bondo and or possible welding? And how much would a rust repair like this cost?
99EE1686-3155-4212-B6E6-D01D05B551D1.jpeg

Hey all, I just recently got a 1996 lx450 to turn into an overland project, not sure if this is the right place to post something like this since I’m new to forums so I apologize if it’s out of place, the model I picked up does have a couple rust holes near the windshield, and I’d really hate to scrap this build if it’s going to be outrageous to repair or if it’s too far gone, does this look like it can be repaired with bondo and or possible welding? And how much would a rust repair like this cost?View attachment 2634341
If it's that bad up top, the bottom is sure to be hideous. My condolences.

The windsheild needs to be removed to see how bad it is. My guess is the channel it lays in is gone. Looking at the side of the pillar where the door meets, the whole A pillar is completely compromised.

Hey all, I just recently got a 1996 lx450 to turn into an overland project, not sure if this is the right place to post something like this since I’m new to forums so I apologize if it’s out of place, the model I picked up does have a couple rust holes near the windshield, and I’d really hate to scrap this build if it’s going to be outrageous to repair or if it’s too far gone, does this look like it can be repaired with bondo and or possible welding? And how much would a rust repair like this cost?

Honestly? Sell it and start with another. You want to go driving, not be a body worker. There has to be
something available as a better starting point. Cause goodness knows what the rest looks like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom