Delta VS 100 Series bumpers in the works (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Delta VS

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
deltavs.com
Howdy folks! Most of our time is spent over in the 80 forum, but we are branching out to the 100 series now. Our first prototype for the front bumper is getting cut as we speak, and the rear will be headed that way shortly. As always, first step to to scan a rig:

Screen Shot 2018-11-02 at 9.30.32 AM.png

Second step is to figure out what will fit and how to adapt our current design over. The biggest difference between the 80 and 100 series will be that the 100 series is a flat-top bumper. The 80 benefitted from removing the valance piece to get some additional height clearance in front of the tires. We are able to keep the design fairly compact for the 100 to maintain good front approach angle.

FRONT ISO_IN PROGRESS DESIGN.PNG

We'll keep you updated as the progress continues. If you have any questions, ask away!

What's the price point looking like?

It should be close to our 80 series front bumper ($1950 base), with a good chance of being less. The flat top makes it much easier to jig up and fabricate. The first bumper is also getting a full bull-bar, so that will be an option from the get go.

It should be close to our 80 series front bumper ($1950 base), with a good chance of being less. The flat top makes it much easier to jig up and fabricate. The first bumper is also getting a full bull-bar, so that will be an option from the get go.

Pretty pricey compared to what's out there for the 100 right now. 100 guys are very very loyal to Dissent and his bumper starts at ~1.1k and his quality is impeccable.

Hate to poke again but, what makes your bumper $800 better than the competition? (Sell me, I wanna know)

1. Pretty pricey compared to what's out there for the 100 right now.
2. 100 guys are very very loyal to Dissent and his bumper starts at ~1.1k and his quality is impeccable.
3. Hate to poke again but, what makes your bumper $800 better than the competition? (Sell me, I wanna know)

1. We have not set out to make the cheapest product out there, our goal is to make what we feel is the best product out there.
2. Glad to hear, I'm sure their quality is comparable to ours.
3. Then don't. Without having a finalized price and without having hands on with the competition's product, it's going to be pretty worthless conjecture to tell you why our anything is $x.xx more than their anything.

Do it. It will be interesting I'm sure.

1. We have not set out to make the cheapest product out there, our goal is to make what we feel is the best product out there.
3. Then don't. Without having a finalized price and without having hands on with the competition's product, it's going to be pretty worthless conjecture to tell you why our anything is $x.xx more than their anything.
:clap:

Be interesting to see the final product. I've really been wanting a bumper with a strong winch box and tube wings.... and not have to make it myself.

Be interesting to see the final product. I've really been wanting a bumper with a strong winch box and tube wings.... and not have to make it myself.

Wellllllll, don't hold your breath on ours then. The above screenshot shows what has already been sent off for laser cutting, so it won't differ much from that design.

Hey, I'm just asking about the why. Why do you guys feel your product is the best?

I’m excited to see the real thing! I don’t love any of the current front bumpers that are available for the 100. It’s always good to have more options.

Visited your site and I like your back story. Very cool!

F(Z)J80 Delta Front Bumper

Do you have any more pics, close ups, detailed? Interior? Got a weight estimate?

I like the bumper...it’s certainly different from what’s currently offered. Looking forward to see the finished product.

It’s got a lot going on with all those angles and I wonder if that’s reflected in the price?

I’m looking for a bumper in the next few months but this one is out of my price range. Certainly a interesting concept!

I like the design. I'm anxious to see how the final product comes out. I'm a big fan of what Ben has done with Dissent, but I'm always happy to see more premium offerings in the marketplace.

Good luck and be sure to show it off on here once it's installed on a test rig!

Looks good! I checked out your guys's site and saw the 80 series center console upgrades as well as the ceiling storage rack. Any plans to make those for the 100?

Interested! Ready to throw my money down on both the bumper and ceiling storage rack for the 100 series when they become available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom