Dec 21st Trail Ride (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

afgman786

SILVER Star
Threads
Talked with @lacefro @TTViper @iBlaze about wheeling on Dec 21st. Plan is to hit up Peter's Mill for the day. Posting here to see if anyone else is interested in joining.

MEET UP DEC 21 @ 9:30AM
Little Fort Campground
Fr1702, Fort Valley, VA 22652

DAILY PASS FROM:
-exit 283 off US81 (W Reservoir Rd)

Liberty Gas / 7 Eleven
340 W Reservoir Rd
Woodstock, VA 22664

COMMS:
CLCC GMRS channel 3 (for out of the box Midland/Cobra Type radios, that would be ch16 w/ DCS Privacy Code 68).

CONFIRMED:
@afgman786
@DominicanFZJ80
@captainva
@iBlaze
@TTViper
@BCM
@VACreeper
@lacefro ?
@Stumpalama ?

Last edited:
I'd love to join! Hopefully I'll have my sliders and skids painted and installed by then...

Can you please post info for the noobies? Like a map? Is it stock friendly?

Can you please post info for the noobies? Like a map? Is it stock friendly?
Definitely stock friendly!
I'll post up more info today

added to the calendar and keeping an eye on this

Here's a good link with info for those that have never been.

Last time I did the trail, I camped at Little Fort Campground and started the trail from there. Open to discussion if yal want to start from there and climb up hill or start at the northside and end at Little Fort Campground.

I refuse to commit at this time because when/if I do it is 100% certain that the 40 will die prior to the event.

We were up there 3 weeks ago and the trails were in good shape I would say it is stocker friendly. Sadly make sure to bring some trash bags we were up to get wood and while we were there the garbage ranged to camp trash to burnt out ATV's

Last edited:
Found my notes from the times I driven it. Little Fort Campground is the North entrance.

I vote meet North and drive South.

I like it! Meet up at 9:30AM? The gas station to pay for the daily pass isn't too far from there either.

The video is a pretty close view of the terrain I will say many parts have more free rocks than in the video and a bunch of the area south of the parking lot at the end was timbered this summer.
BTW for those who might want a different route there from DC area take 211 west from warrenton over the mountain and just take rt 11 south. Lots of scenery places to stop,eat or take care of uniform maintenance.

Last edited:
Could those that are interested/definite in showing up please let me know. I want to update the 1st post with who is going, that way on Saturday if someone is running a little late we know to wait up.

I'm going to be there

Your 470 will do great!
I’ve seen a Volvo go throw Peters Mill.

Did a drive by the North entrance waypoints. The gate on Woodstock Tower Rd is closed so the route to Little Fort Campground is cutoff. Recommend we change the drive to a South-North route. Permit & gas can be had at:
Exxon
403 N Main St
Edinburg, VA 22824

Meetup & air down at Edinburg Gap parking lot on SR 675. From the Exxon, go NW on Main St, in 1 mile turn Right on Fort Rd (SR 675), parking lot is approximately 6 miles on the Right (“ATV Parking Keep Right”).

You sure it wasn't just closed for the day as I did the North to South route on Peters Mill last weekend. I gave a call to Lee Ranger district office the Friday before I hit the trail to be sure it was open because the State has been running maintenance on Woodstock Tower Rd, sporadically all year.

Suggest we keep the initial plan and call ahead. Change meeting point to where we pick up permits and caravan to the Northern trail head from there.

I’m actually heading north that day. How would a stock 470 with Duratracs do? Might be worth it to head up Friday night to meet y’all there Saturday...if I can talk Sarah into it.

Stock truck will have no problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom