Dash Removal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Any good links to dash removal? Got a couple of switches (washer fluid & hazard) I need to check on.

Biggest fight will be with the speed-o cable. Once you reach in there and un-clip it, the panel will pull back pretty easily. Unplug the wiring to the gauges and it will come off completely.

Biggest fight will be with the speed-o cable. Once you reach in there and un-clip it, the panel will pull back pretty easily. Unplug the wiring to the gauges and it will come off completely.

He said washer and hazard. You don't have to pull the main instrument cluster for those do you?

Yeah, well, I don’t know man. I kind of stopped reading at “remove dash?” and sort of finished the thought with “gauge cluster” instead of tuning in on those other words you pointed out. Without seeing a pic of the central portion of the dash with said switches, I don’t know if removing the gauge cluster will help access those or not.
Good catch, and my bad.

This is the best photo that I have with me. When I look at the parts diagrams though it looks like 6 screws and it's out. Again, I don't think I have pulled mine so maybe there is more to it.

InkedFJ55 Dash_LI.jpg

So isn’t there a small set screw in each knob that you back off, then remove knob, then remove the front hex nut and pull switch out though the back? Been awhile since I’ve worked on any of this. So then.... remove screws from that section of backing plate and pull forward. Will probably be met with resistance from heater selection cables.

Any good links to dash removal? Got a couple of switches (washer fluid & hazard) I need to check on.

What year Pig? '77? If yes, we should have similar center panels.
It sounds like you want to remove the center panel portion of the dash.
On my '74, I can tell you what I remember...
IIRC, you need to pull the instrument cluster to remove the center panel.
Also IIRC, you need to sag the steering column to pull the instrument cluster.
So once you drop the steering column, pull the instrument cluster, then you remove the center panel.

What do you need to check on these switches? Are they being bitches? Operating intermittently? From what I have read, the ground to the center panel sucks. Run a ground cable to the center panel to make things better.

HTH!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom