Cummins 6BT conversion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Get them things done right asap then! I had a "mechanic" make me a rear shock cross member once with welds like that, and it didn't last long. Actually lasted 10 miles where it met it's end at an expansion joint on the highway.

Looks like he was masterbating metal onto your frame.

That looks like one gigantic tank! What's the capacity? Is it split for veggy and dino?

Looks like he was masterbating metal onto your frame.

That looks like one gigantic tank! What's the capacity? Is it split for veggy and dino?

thats just the veggie tank, 32 gallons with a hot fox inside for good thermals! The stock tank is just above the veggie one.

I looked back through the pics and realized I could see the stock tank up there, just didn't notice it on the first viewing. That will be quite a range. Say you can average 20mpg using either fuel, that comes out to over 1000 miles range! I know real conditions aren't that easy to calculate but that's quite a range. Time to install that port-a-potty.

Last edited:
Thats pretty much what I'm hoping for!

UPdate:::

After a long hiatus, the big blue beastie is back on the rack!!

IMG_0269.jpg

Matt and Tony at LCNW pulled that nasty looking oil pan, cut and re-welded a proper fit to bypass the driveline, will have pics soon.

They straightened the frame where the semi crushed it at the spring hangars and are working on a new crossmember......

to be continued!!

A couple of ?s...

I didn't find what WVO system that is- Frybrid?
Also, any line on other companies that you might recommend for a conversion?
Thanks, and sorry about your experiences...

Los

*****UPDATE FINALLY!!!****

Long winter waiting, but work is happening!!

Body panels removed and replaced::

DSC00314.jpg

DSC00317.jpg

DSC00325.jpg

DSC00326.jpg

The Oil Pan has been cut and Patched properly too, no pics of that yet. soon..

Springtime Cruisin!!!

i had a volvo intercooler to put in but it wouldn't fit, so we just ran the intake through the grill to put one in later, still trying to find a good one that will fit. Any ideas??

Hurray for spring time! We'll have to see who's is louder once you're pounding pavement. :hillbilly:

i had a volvo intercooler to put in but it wouldn't fit, so we just ran the intake through the grill to put one in later, still trying to find a good one that will fit. Any ideas??

What abot something like this ? Aftermarket IC for no special car... about 300usd over here where the tuners do their shopping......

looks like the holes are in roughly the same place..
111_1195.jpg
frontbilde.jpg

thoe welds are horrid heat the metal up to at least 300C before welding the frame cold welds shear/break easy the heating of the metal reduces the stressing of the metal this comes into play more so with cast iron as it is a harder metal but in general pre heat the metal before welding and youse the correct rod dont use a mig welder either arc/tig create far better welds on thicker material as they create more heat

sorry if this is confusing im not a writer lol
feel free to ask more ?'s if needed

ps you got me droolin with this 6bt conversion
this is an amazing build congrates

UPDATES?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom