Crunch time. Cant decide on color for my resto/mod 62. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Its crunch time and my body guy needs to know what color i want to go with. Its a full repaint so color doesn't mater. Door jams are all getting panted and the glass is all coming out. Original color was the dark blue with grey/blue interior. I do know i want a lighter color as i will be sleeping in it and the dark colors absorb heat. I was thinking about the new Toyota quicksand color but don't feel like switching out my dash and interior to the brown in my parts truck. I'm not so sure how that color and grey/blue interior would mesh. I'm open to a two tone paint job as well. I would love to hear some peoples thoughts.

My vote is paint it the same color it was.

If not, then Toyota Cement Gray

image.jpeg

White

Please, NOT any of the new pastel mud/desert quicksand whatever colours. AWFUL!
That blue Reevesci pointed out is a good call.

I think it depends what you are going to use it for.
There's ways to change the original colour with a bit of opal make it look a bit richer.

Another vote for the OG 8B4 Midnight Metallic Blue.... You could always go with the lighter, not lightest, blue or do like the 62s that have the blue/grey lower two tone with the cream/slate/light grey top.

Never gave much thought to the 8B4 Midnight Metallic Blue but the more look at it the more i like it. I was kind of leaning towards a lighter color but the ones i like wont mesh with the blue/grey interior. As of right now I'm leaning towards the 8b4 Midnight Metallic Blue but who knows. I never figured picking a paint color would be this hard.

I was thinking something more utilitarian first gen 1 Ford Raptor Terrain.

But you can't go wrong with a factory Toyota color on a .... Toyota.... Haha. Thinking a Thundercloud silver on an FJ60/62 would be epic and clean.

8B4 all the way. I have been looking for one forever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom