Heat question on my swapped 62 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

KDAWG97m3

SILVER Star
Threads
Hey group..i have a 62 with a Cummins 2.8 swap….colder temps have set in and i cant get the heat to get really hot…..kinda strange…here is the other issue, when i turn off the rear heater (slide to the white dot) it will then make the air turn coled, if I turn the rear back on, air turns hot….any ideas? .bc this group is so damn good, i came to y’all first before i dig in…..thank you..

depends on how the hoses/flow of hot coolant runs.
if the flow goes thru the front heater core than the rear, shutting the rear off will stop the flow of hot coolant
you need to see how the hoses/lines are run

the original setup had "T"s in the system so shutting off the rear did not affect the front

depends on how the hoses/flow of hot coolant runs.
if the flow goes thru the front heater core than the rear, shutting the rear off will stop the flow of hot coolant
you need to see how the hoses/lines are run

the original setup had "T"s in the system so shutting off the rear did not affect the front
Makes sense. Do you know where I might be able to find a diagram? I woukd like to visualize the layout so I can trace it. Thank you.

Last edited:
Here are a couple pics in case they are helpful. First pic with the red firewall is someone else's stock setup. Bottom pic with white is on my 5.3 swap. Middle pics are the rear heater hard lines with soft lines still attached.

Also, the rear heater slider is just a valve that opens and closes the coolant flow through the heat exchanger.

6FE7BFB7-3419-455B-B0A4-FD62A8D2ECFA_1_105_c.jpeg
BAA8608F-CF56-4E2B-91D3-674EF458ACEF_1_105_c.jpeg
6AD54E8E-8920-4C86-849E-9272BFE2A10B_1_105_c.jpeg
0C560AA0-0F61-49DD-B818-69832D0B8702_1_105_c.jpeg

l.

Also, for the dash heat, I'd make sure the firewall heater valve is functioning and confirm that the cable is attached. They are still available if you need to replace it. Toyota 87240-90A00 (available for cheaper on ebay, too).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom