Cruiser Head (10 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey everyone, Little update.

Ive been upgrading my machines to better ones to make better quality parts so there's been a delay on shipping current orders while I sort out my end. Hurricane Ian has delayed all hood strut orders but those are expected to be shipped very soon.

Just installed your Hood Strut Kit on my 60, have to say awesome product. Install was very straightforward with the supplied instructions.

242A2D68-0777-432E-8FA3-D2795D3B0B54.jpeg

Qq: I have dynamat style insulation on the underside of my hood instead of the liner. Helps cut down on noise pretty good, but makes the hood heavy.

What's the weight rating on those struts? Think it could hold up a hood that weighs 50% more?

Qq: I have dynamat style insulation on the underside of my hood instead of the liner. Helps cut down on noise pretty good, but makes the hood heavy.

What's the weight rating on those struts? Think it could hold up a hood that weighs 50% more?

We have some higher rating struts that we can supply vs. the standard ones.....just make a note of that when you order and we'll send those.

For the last few months, we have had my 60 and a customers 62 in the shop.....both hoods were done with our normal sound deadening peel and stick as well as brush on deadener(we use Second Skin Audio's Damplifier Pro and topcoat with Spectrum on our builds). Both trucks had new OEM insulators. The 60 hood has no issue with the standard spec struts but the 62 didn't like them. We bumped up the 62s and all was good. I can't explain it other than we had a significant more amount of sound deadener on the 62, which I doubt or the 62's hood is heavier, again, doubtful. I thought maybe we had some struts that weren't quite "as advertised" with regards to their weight rating.....so we swapped things around between the trucks to no avail. The only thing that made that 62 happy was the heavier struts.

So if you have sound deadening, let us know when you order and we'll send out the heavier ones.

@c2dfj45 @ChaserFJ60

Constructive feedback on the hood struts from somebody in a colder climate as temps begin to dip at night:

When the temps are warm the standard struts open the hood with gusto if you give it a gentle push upwards. If you push up just enough the struts will even lift the hinges momentarily when it reaches the top! But a few times I’ve opened the hood with temps in the 30s and the actin is lethargic. They’ll hold the hood up no problem once it’s fully open, but the hood needs to be pushed all the way to the top. Something to consider when you’re doing calculus on which struts to recommend.

I’m still 1000% happy with the standard ones - I view it as money very well spent - and I suspect they’ll hold the hood no problem at even lower temps. But if I were in Alaska or Canada I may consider swapping for the stronger struts. I’m in Denver FWIW.

Ive been getting many emails regarding the USB switches. They are available for purchase now but I wont be able to assemble and ship them for another 3 weeks at-least.

Last edited:
Just went on a Veteran's Day weekend ride to Hawk's Pride and it was so nice to have the USB charger 1 for my phone and 1 for my Bluetooth speaker for the trip.

Worked out great. Great product @ChaserFJ60

i scooped up one of Chase's FJ62 HVAC DELETE Plate creative solution 52mm pod holder :

- my dream of having a NOS OEM TOYOTA YAZAKI parts maker full sweep-needle manual gauge is being realized now :)

thanks a million Chase for what you do !

kindly ,
matt

20A55FFA-B921-4496-B4EB-5A2D5382DE01.jpeg
BD564A7F-AE88-454F-9233-3D92B5775F0C.jpeg
6FF4E922-2937-4DFD-9E60-7C55CFDD0DD8.jpeg

i scooped up one of Chase's FJ62 HVAC DELETE Plate creative solution 52mm pod holder :

- my dream of having a NOS OEM TOYOTA YAZAKI parts maker full sweep-needle manual gauge is being realized now :)

thanks a million Chase for what you do !

kindly ,
matt

View attachment 3167940View attachment 3167941View attachment 3167943
Holy s*** ... that vacuum gauge is beautiful Matt.

Im back! Two weeks of college finals then immediately getting COVID the same day I finished said finals and im back and better!

The original plan was to have all orders completed by last week but a fun case of the Covid set me back a bit.
Thank-you to all my customers for patiently waiting. Orders are coming out as fast as I can complete them, All orders made before Christmas will be shipped Priority mail regardless of your initial mail selection to get your packages on your doorstep ASAP. Merry Christmas and Happy new Years!

Currently I'm on a short break from my regular busy schedule and have found some time to make more trailer harnesses, Limited quantity available currently.

I added new variations to accomidate for easier installation for FJ62 owners.

Currently I'm on a short break from my regular busy schedule and have found some time to make more trailer harnesses, Limited quantity available currently.

I added new variations to accomidate for easier installation for FJ62 owners.

WELL???! How did you do on your finals??

WELL???! How did you do on your finals??

what do you think happend Mr. Spook50 .......?

come on you know better ..........🤣

Last edited:
Heat transfer was a close C but we're going to leave heat transfer in the past where it belongs. Everything else was surprisingly pretty good.
Classes are starting to get interesting so its getting easier to stay focused with the exception of heat transfer. Mr Nusselt can keep his numbers from me if he likes thank you very much.
:geek:

Heat transfer was a close C but we're going to leave heat transfer in the past where it belongs. Everything else was surprisingly pretty good.
Classes are starting to get interesting so its getting easier to stay focused with the exception of heat transfer. Mr Nusselt can keep his numbers from me if he likes thank you very much.
:geek:
Well done!

Well done!
Heat transfer. When I was in M.E. school a loooong time ago heat transfer was my least favorite subject. So, my first engineering job out of school was...designing and developing heat exchangers for aircraft environmental control systems! Doh! I will tell you heat transfer is much more interesting when it's practically applied, and the results of banging your head on all those equations is a solid piece of functional hardware that's still flying to this day. Hang in there!

Heat transfer. When I was in M.E. school a loooong time ago heat transfer was my least favorite subject. So, my first engineering job out of school was...designing and developing heat exchangers for aircraft environmental control systems! Doh! I will tell you heat transfer is much more interesting when it's practically applied, and the results of banging your head on all those equations is a solid piece of functional hardware that's still flying to this day. Hang in there!
lol i just got off the phone with my close friend who is an engineer, his masters concentration was in heat transfer and was his favorite subject.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom