Cruise Moab 2018 Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My first CM as well. Riding solo and also thinking about doing Kokopelli on the way in.

Thursday: Arches
Friday: Fins
Saturday: Dome

Either didn't see the Hells run, or it was full already...doh!

Those are my first choice for each day. I’m sure it will be a great time whatever I end up running.

Link to sign up?

Registered.

Wednesday-waitlisted on hell’s night run
Thursday-poison spider
Friday-metal masher
Saturday-waitlisted on Jax and hells

Got my registration Confirmation:clap:
Thurs -Arches - need to keep the wife happy she dose not like the white knuckle stuff
Fri - Steelbender rolling solo
Sat -Goldenspike rolling solo

Box Rocket - Noah & myself (Brosky) will be camping together are looking forward to the run with you no sat. I see icorradoi is on that run as well that at lest 3- 80's from Calif on that run, Any other 80's on the run please chime in.

I well be arriving early on April 29 and will be staying at the KaneCreek full hookup RV site. I am interested in before the Event run's so come by and hit me up. Look for the Green 80 with tan Armor

Got my registration Confirmation:clap:
Thurs -Arches - need to keep the wife happy she dose not like the white knuckle stuff
Fri - Steelbender rolling solo
Sat -Goldenspike rolling solo

Box Rocket - Noah & myself (Brosky) will be camping together are looking forward to the run with you no sat. I see icorradoi is on that run as well that at lest 3- 80's from Calif on that run, Any other 80's on the run please chime in.

I well be arriving early on April 29 and will be staying at the KaneCreek full hookup RV site. I am interested in before the Event run's so come by and hit me up. Look for the Green 80 with tan Armor
Sweet. Shaping up to be a good run on Saturday from what I've seen.

Got my conformation and got in on the Kokapelli. That was what I really wanted. I will have to see what else I got signed up for on fri and sat. But I am really happy to be traveling in to moab from Colorado through a cool trail.

Just looked.
Friday Jax Trax
Sat top of the world.

Is anyone else in on JaxTrax Friday? Not sure I will so top of the world sat since I think we go there as part of the Kokapelli

nice. got wait-listed for kokopelli...

Just looked.
Friday Jax Trax
Sat top of the world.

Is anyone else in on JaxTrax Friday? Not sure I will so top of the world sat since I think we go there as part of the Kokapelli
I've been assigned to be the tail gunner for Jax Trax on Friday. so I'll seeyou on that one

Got my confirmation

Wednesday - Thursday - San Rafael Swell
Friday - Top of the World
Saturday - Elephant Hill (Subject to change, we don't have our permit yet)

I should be in Moab the 28th or 29th, then I plan to stay up to a week after cruise moab as well. Looking forward to it.

Looking forward to this. I'm coming from Tulsa, OK and looking for some things to see on my way to Moab. Planning on coming up into CO on 25 and Staying in or around Alamosa my first night Sunday night. That gives me All day Monday and most of the day Tuesday to see some sights as I cross the state on the way to Utah.

Between Alamosa and Moab is San Juan, Uncompahgre, Gunnison and Grand Mesa National Forests, you guy's and gals got any suggestions for must see's as I'm passing through, and maybe somewhere to camp Monday night.

My Trail Confirmations.
  • Fins N Things
  • Jax Trax
  • Poison Spider Mesa
On the way out, I think we'll hit 4 Corners and then just make a run on 40 back home.

@BillZ260,

There is a ton to do along the route. how much time you got! Medano Pass is a pretty unique trail that sandwiches you between some 14ers and the great sand dunes (North of Alamosa), with some water crossings to boot. primitive camp sites are found all along the road. I would head west on 149 through Creede, which is a pretty scenic drive with lots of camping and fishing spots as well. All the cool trails further west(Alpine Loop, etc...) will have too much snow on it though, but the towns along the way (Silverton, Ouray, Telluride, etc...) are pretty cool. Million dollar highway (550), if open, is also a cool drive. Have fun and hope to run into you at Moab!

Matt

Matt, thanks for the insight. I got hooked up with another Tulsa guy, we are looking at doing the Kokopeli into Moab. I was looking at the Million Dollar Hwy and staying in Ouray too.

Your mention of snow boggles me! We don't get that, or much of it around here :) Hard to imagine stuff closed due to snow lol.

Anybody want to camp at Sand Flats with me? The idea of $35/night for a patch of dirt puts me off. Big fan of the G-Spot sites in sand flats. I’ll be headed in on Wednesday morning so hope to be able to snag a spot before they fill up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom