Cruise Moab 2018 Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yeah, I was in the white 80 that went up Hell's Gate and left a mirror cover behind.:doh: You had a much better line coming up than I did.
Fun day. We had to bail out early on Saturday, so did not get to run Golden Spike. Next year...

View attachment 1694940

You watched the wrong videos for a good line?
:(

Last edited:
I had no idea what Hells Gate even was You guys left so i just figured i would drive over and watch . . When i got to the entrance up top i stopped and got out and looked down and was thinking i am not sure about this lol . But then just dropped down . I was thinking I guess this is what they were talking about just a steep down hill . HAHA . then i came around the corner and UTT OO . thats the only way out . Then the silver 4 runner ahead of me had a Horrible run up . I was Really happy with how my FJ performed over the weekend I ran Kane Creek on Thur and no problems at all

Yeah, the 4Runner took a similar line to mine. He had to get winched out because his front locker was not engaging. That downhill entrance to Hell's Gate was memorable, to say the least! Glad you made it up unscathed. It was a very fun day, i'd trade it for a mirror any time!

I had no idea what Hells Gate even was You guys left so i just figured i would drive over and watch . . When i got to the entrance up top i stopped and got out and looked down and was thinking i am not sure about this lol . But then just dropped down . I was thinking I guess this is what they were talking about just a steep down hill . HAHA . then i came around the corner and UTT OO . thats the only way out . Then the silver 4 runner ahead of me had a Horrible run up . I was Really happy with how my FJ performed over the weekend I ran Kane Creek on Thur and no problems at all

:eek:lol

Getting down to the bottom of Hells Gate is a more of a challenge then going up IMO

Just wanted to say this event was awesome! Was my first time attending, and everything about it was great! Was especially blown away how helpful and friendly everyone was on and off trail, eager to help and not leaving anyone stranded, whether part of our group or not. Really cool trucks, free stuff, great weather ( I loved the rain :clap: ). Such a great time! I ran most of Kokopelli through Top of The World, Fins, Jax Trax, and Poison Spider, all plenty challenging for me, learned a ton about my 100 LX and myself this week. Thanks to the guys and galls that put it together, great job!

I'll echo this as well Bill! 100% spot on. Plus we we able to do a trail fix on your rig on top of the world with duct tape and zip strips...so that pretty much makes any trip complete!

I wasn't able to take too many photos this year. For the 5 days leading up to the event I was leading the Southwest Adventure, a group of Slinky Suspension Dealers and Customers on an offroad tour through southern Utah. Lots of MUD members, @AutoCraft Aus , @mryanangel @ikarus @TonyP @sleeoffroad @justdifferentials @COMEUP @dockbox @Muddy.au @HDJdreams @treerootCO @BerettaMato @hdj105 were all there. It was fantastic! We covered about 700 miles and saw some epic scenery! Once back in Moab, I took a break and just relaxed with my wife on Thursday until the vendor show where I was set up for Tepui and 4xOverland.

Friday I was tailgunning Jax Trax. I'd never been on that trail so it was cool to see something new but I really didn't get any photos. The raffle was a good time as always on Friday night and I had the privilege of raffling off a new Tepui Tent to a lucky winner!

Saturday was also busy as I was leading Golden Spike. We ended up with 11 trucks in the group which is a good sized group for that long of a trail. Overall we made pretty good time but had a few slow downs. It was a good group with some MUD members, @BerettaMato , @brosky to name a couple.

Here's a handful of photos from the SW Adventure
IMG_0326.jpg
IMG_0331.jpg
IMG_0538.jpg
IMG_0589.jpg
IMG_0603.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the awesome pics, Adam!

D36155DE-D7B3-4AB5-ABF9-9AF5CA882616.jpeg
5347FCA4-8F01-43DB-BC44-E33C215ECA4E.jpeg
2EE3D6DC-6A1F-410B-8F61-7E6E8E6EABE6.jpeg
5D4A8213-3F30-43C2-A5A7-BC860298D83F.jpeg
84A89CED-5BDE-42FC-BD3E-767955B1986D.jpeg
Adam had a Great time on the GS run Saturday. Though the trail was long you did a good job of keeping every body moving along, IMHO The weather was perfect with mostly clear sky's & beautiful vistas and scenery for miles. There was plenty of technical section's for wheeling fun and just a good group of people to spend the Day with. Was in Moab for a week was my far the best run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks Box Rocket

Thanks guys, this was an awesome trip. We took off (or tried to..:) right after GS and made it to St George, pretty tired. I suck at taking pics and usually forget so didn't get many on GS. Got a video of hell's gate by another member...I agree with brosky, box rocket, it was nice to meet you ( and Mrs. Box Rocket) and you did a great job, thank you.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/C5qyjWfdzFncCxxF7

Hey Mike it was nice meeting you in Moab . did you ever figure out were you were leaking water from ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom