craigslist cruiser crap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Uhhh, How about a picture of the "for Sale" sign, maybe a phone #, at least?
Ask and ye shall receive.

3FF0D0EE-23BA-41FB-AF4B-86F758B3D43B.jpeg

I thought he's in our group? When i came by the swap meet there was a guy there from markham who said his 62 was for sale and i thought it was the same color?
Yeah, that rig likely belongs to @BladeCruiser

Saw this 1997 in Culpeper for $8900, looks pretty clean for 250k mi

and here’s a 99 LX in McLean—I ride my bicycle past this truck twice a day—one day it had a sign. Looks clean—I didn’t crawl around under it but what I can see in the wheel wells looks about like you’d expect for a NoVA truck...

3C1EECB1-5E7D-492D-A4E7-3817DD5656AE.jpeg

Edited to address double post....

It’s screaming “Save me...”

Of all the times to be in a financial bind. That’s the exact style 80 I want. Grill motor wheel combo

Having just started cutting up the 80 in my driveway, I can confidently say that of the brake lines rusted out, the underside of that truck probably looks like a nice slice of baklava and would be a nightmare, both financially and time and effort wise, to get back into decent shape.

Of all the times to be in a financial bind. That’s the exact style 80 I want. Grill motor wheel combo

Having just started cutting up the 80 in my driveway, I can confidently say that of the brake lines rusted out, the underside of that truck probably looks like a nice slice of baklava and would be a nightmare, both financially and time and effort wise, to get back into decent shape.
Next parts truck?

Based on body alone in the pics, that seems like a great deal

Is the roof rhino lined? I'd be scared of rust. It may be a great deal, but look it over and take a magnet or a paint thickness gauge.

While I hope that he's not lying, and by "playing" he meant plugged into the sportsball field PA system, I know that Chuawan @DirtNap is old enough to know because his parents would surely have had those round 10" and 12" spinning things on the victrola (!), but... to anybody not familiar (millennials, I'm looking at you):

Format advantages[edit]
At the time the LP was introduced, nearly all phonograph records for home use were made of an abrasive (and therefore noisy) shellac compound, employed a much larger groove, and played at approximately 78 revolutions per minute (rpm), limiting the playing time of a 12-inch diameter record to less than five minutes per side. The new product was a 12- or 10-inch (30 or 25 cm) fine-grooved disc made of PVC ("vinyl") and played with a smaller-tipped "microgroove" stylus at a speed of 33 1⁄3 rpm. Each side of a 12-inch LP could play for about 22 minutes.[2] Only the microgroove standard was new, as both vinyl and the 33 1⁄3 rpm speed had been used for special purposes for many years, as well as in one unsuccessful earlier attempt to introduce a long-playing record for home use by RCA Victor.

Although the LP was suited to classical music because of its extended continuous playing time, it also allowed a collection of ten or more pop music recordings to be put on a single disc. Previously, such collections, as well as longer classical music broken up into several parts, had been sold as sets of 78 rpm records in a specially imprinted "record album" consisting of individual record sleeves bound together in book form. The use of the word "album" persisted for the one-disc LP equivalent.

<Mercy snip>
LOL, just a phone speaker, no PA! Wasn't that a cover of an Aerosmith song anyway?
(Ducks for cover)
P.S. yes, I had many of those spinny things, both the shiny silver ones and the big black plastic ones. 45, 33-1/3, and even some 78's from my mom. All played on a system the size of a dining room buffet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom