Coolant leak? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My Crusiser has developed a coolant leak. It seems to be behind the intake, towards the middle to back of engine and I cannot visually locate it. Does anyone have information on locations of coolant ports on the engine, before I start taking things apart. I have my fingers crossed that I have not blown a HG.

Have you checked the phh?

My Crusiser has developed a coolant leak. It seems to be behind the intake, towards the middle to back of engine and I cannot visually locate it. Does anyone have information on locations of coolant ports on the engine, before I start taking things apart. I have my fingers crossed that I have not blown a HG.

Heater and rear heater hoses
cams.JPG
hose.JPG
hose2.JPG

The PHH is below the starter and is a small section of hose that is prone to leak. To see it you must look up towards it through the driver's side wheel well. Do a search and you will see mant pictures of where it is.

This is what they look like inside after 170k
PHH 002.jpg

Abit of a PITA to change but it is a "right of passage" amongst mudders.

If yours has two diff clamps (1 pinch and 1 pin/twist) it is most likely stock.
PHH 002.jpg

LX- wrong thread for that picture, or wrong photo??

DougM

He had it right...look at the top left :)

Your leak could also be from either of the two bypass hoses at the base of the throttle body.
Throttle Body Diagram.jpg

Last edited:
Here are pics of my PHH. One, close up and the other far away for reference. I was losing a few ounces of coolant a month from this. I hate to admit it, but after reading the horror stories, I paid about $250 to have it changed.
phh.jpg
phh2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom