Coal Mine Registration Is Open (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Any reason why CLCC hasn't gotten on the GMRS bus?
And by the way / not that anyone seems to care, but those Baofeng radios lost their FCC type acceptance, so technically should not be used. Again, for those who care.
Actually we went 100% GRMS last year for Fall Crawl... you can see it on the info page from last year at this link

and the below link is the clubs comms sheet

It's the privacy codes and settings used so other users can't invade the channels

I hope this solves the mystery... The original 16 channel CLCC Motorola radios are public safety (fire & police) grade, FCC type accepted radios. They are not programmed out of the box. Motorola proprietary software is required to program Motorola radios. Chirp will not work. CLCC started using the radios before the "Midland" standard GMRS channel plan was introduced. So, our frequencies are compatible but our channel numbers are different.

So here is the GCLC channel plan:
GCLC is not using any repeaters so the repeater channels on the CLCC radios will not work
GCLC is not using any coded squelch (CTCC, DCS, PL) on their channels = carrier squelch. See the trick below to make this work with the CLCC radios.
The freqs in the 145 - 146 band are Amateur Radio (Ham) frequencies. An FCC Amateur Radio license is required to transmit on those freqs.

GCLC chart.jpg

Here is the CLCC channel plan with the compatible GMRS/GCLC channels:

freq chart.jpg

Now, here is the process to disable the coded squelch on the Motorola radios so they can receive the transmissions from the GCLC radios that do not have the coded squelch enabled. Press the middle button, the LED will flash orange after transmiting or changing channels to let you know the coded squelch is disabled.

PL off.jpg

Hope this helps.

@DirtNap most of us will have a Baofeng setup with the club stuff loaded, but I think a lot of us also carry Midland radios with their default setup (for all the folks outside of the club). I wouldn’t worry about it too much, neither is necessary if you want to wheel in a group. Just get out and light your vehicle on fire if you need a spot, the spotters will show up with the quickness.

I've probably O/T'd as usual...(over tooled)....if anyone needs something for a repair or adjustment, I probably have it within reason...

Looking forward to an awesome weekend, I'll be up in the AM to get the most out of the 3 days...:steer:

I'm finally on the road after coming back from Blacksburg. Expect to pull into Twin Grove around 9pm.

Will read the info above when I land. Looking forward to an awesome weekend!

making my chicken salad now and I will be packing up in the early morning and hitting the road mid morning and be up there a bit after lunch time if the plan goes right!

David and I are both on site and set up

We hit the camp store for an ice cream and checked the pool out it looks nice and inviting I. The heat lol

I was planning on arriving tonight, but the heat can suck it.

I'll be there tomorrow eve.
I might be looking for a ride on Saturday

Bart, if you're cool riding in the back, I have an extra seat...but no A/C :(

Gary will probably have shotgun.

Bart, Matt also has an open back seat WITH AC.

6CCA9448-0C8E-4DAC-92DD-CF3AC7B2EE35.jpeg

The GX was very capable for the morning…sorry @Svensk120 , I’ll help you weld up that new guard!

And a shout out to @Cass007 from the Keystone club for 2 awesome days of 80’s wheeling and spotting. Got me to do things that I never would have imagined on my own! Only a few cosmetic scratches up top, will survey the underside soon, but made it home and now down to OC without a hiccup. Even got a free hour long pressure wash on the ride down through the torrential downpour yesterday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom